• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

MVD breeding recommendations question.

Sissee

I've just been looking through some pedigrees to gather some information and have a question about when MVD breeding recommendations were given to the Clubs by the scientists?

Were they given to all the clubs at a relatively similar time?

How were breeders at that time informed of them?

How are breeders currently informed of them?

My question comes because I know that there needs to be a way of getting word out to a lot of AKC and CKC BYBers who have no idea as they are not involved in the clubs. Some breeders are still pleading ignorance, even those involved in the clubs.

I just recently talked to a show breeder of another breed (she is a German Pointer breeder and judge in fact) who has over the last five years purchased a Cavalier stud and two females. She claimed she had no idea of the MVD guidelines and I know she has produced litters already. She dismissed my concerns about cardiologist testing of course, saying her Cavaliers are from great lines and the breeder she purchased from assured her there were no problems! :bang:At the same time I know of the breeder she got these three from and understand SM is in a relative close up in her stud dog.

A thought that I have read about on this board, and would love to push, is that the registries could get together a booklet informing anyone who registers a Cavalier of the guidelines and the prevalent health problems they should be concerned over, and send this along with the registration. At least then anyone breeding a registered dog could not plead ignorance.

Riley's mom Siss

Back