• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Finn Is Home Alleluia Amen

Im sooooooo pleased you have him back where he belongs. Here's hoping he improves every day. And Thank You for letting us know how hes getting on. Give him a gentle hug from us all.:lotsaluv:

Hallelujah!!! You've just made my day. I'm sitting here grinning ear to ear with Sara!! That's just the best news I've heard all week. So glad he's home and on the mend.

Oh, so glad Finn made it through the surgery okay and is on the road to full recovery under your tender loving care. Did the vet say how that inflammation started, or is this just something that some dogs can get, like a virus?? Will he have to be on special medication for the long term??

Finn always suffered from mild tummy trouble. He would throw up, if he sat in the back seat of a car. His bowels were always loose and his anal glands always became impacted. He was always eating stuff he shouldn't like bunny turds or bugs so we never thought twice about since he was so full of life and energy and always had a good check up at the vets. We take him religiously for his check ups and he is on heart worm pills as recommended. The vet believes he was born with it. Something that he ate that day ( i think bacon because i rarely make it) caused a massive flare up. I am not sure about lifetime meds yet because they are waiting on biopsies and he has to go back for a check up post op next week. The medication he will need for it is steriods and since he has pnemonia, they can't give him them until that clears up. Steriods will increase his recovery time.

Today was the first day I saw the old Finn. He was more engergitic and wanted to play with other dogs. He had a spring in his step, his nose held high and his beautiful tail fanned out when we walked. Also, he wanted to visit his old stomping grounds which is quite a walk from our house. He wasn't winded or tired.
:jump:

I am so estatic to have him home!! I will NEVER EVER take him or anything else for granted again. I tell him I love him every day. I never knew my heart could hold such love for a dog. I am blessed to have him in my life. Ohh, and Murphy too. Murphy, our english mastiff puppy is so much happier now that his big brother is home. Finn is asleep on the couch and Murphy is on the floor beside him, as it should be and hopefully will be for a very, very long time.:lotsaluv:

I had a dog who had to be on steroids for tummy troubles, after a while and a change of diet (to food he had never had beforeb salmon and potato) he was able to come off them with no ill effects.

i am so happy to hear that finn is recovering well!!! he is very lucky to have a mammy that loves him so much!!!

So pleased to hear Finn is recovering now.He is obviously loved very very much - lucky little fellow.

Finding Finicky Fin Food

Fin will have to be on a special diet now. The problem is he is sooo picky. He smells everything including steak before he eats it. I have already tried 3 different kinds of food. I am trying to trick him into eating a prescription food by adding little bits of his old favorite and some beef broth. I will slowly stop adding his old favorite. I am just so happy to have my baby back. Just praying I find the right food to put weight back on him and keep him from having another flare up.

Back