Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finn Is Home Alleluia Amen

Post Thanks / Like

Great news, I'm so pleased you have Finn home where he belongs
    Elaine and Cody

Post Thanks / Like

Im sooooooo pleased you have him back where he belongs. Here's hoping he improves every day. And Thank You for letting us know how hes getting on. Give him a gentle hug from us all.

Post Thanks / Like

Hallelujah!!! You've just made my day. I'm sitting here grinning ear to ear with Sara!! That's just the best news I've heard all week. So glad he's home and on the mend.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

I'm delighted to read this, I'm so glad he's on the mend

Post Thanks / Like

Glad he is in the mend and back home with you.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hbmama View Post
    Oh, so glad Finn made it through the surgery okay and is on the road to full recovery under your tender loving care. Did the vet say how that inflammation started, or is this just something that some dogs can get, like a virus?? Will he have to be on special medication for the long term??

Finn always suffered from mild tummy trouble. He would throw up, if he sat in the back seat of a car. His bowels were always loose and his anal glands always became impacted. He was always eating stuff he shouldn't like bunny turds or bugs so we never thought twice about since he was so full of life and energy and always had a good check up at the vets. We take him religiously for his check ups and he is on heart worm pills as recommended. The vet believes he was born with it. Something that he ate that day ( i think bacon because i rarely make it) caused a massive flare up. I am not sure about lifetime meds yet because they are waiting on biopsies and he has to go back for a check up post op next week. The medication he will need for it is steriods and since he has pnemonia, they can't give him them until that clears up. Steriods will increase his recovery time.

Today was the first day I saw the old Finn. He was more engergitic and wanted to play with other dogs. He had a spring in his step, his nose held high and his beautiful tail fanned out when we walked. Also, he wanted to visit his old stomping grounds which is quite a walk from our house. He wasn't winded or tired.

I am so estatic to have him home!! I will NEVER EVER take him or anything else for granted again. I tell him I love him every day. I never knew my heart could hold such love for a dog. I am blessed to have him in my life. Ohh, and Murphy too. Murphy, our english mastiff puppy is so much happier now that his big brother is home. Finn is asleep on the couch and Murphy is on the floor beside him, as it should be and hopefully will be for a very, very long time.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a dog who had to be on steroids for tummy troubles, after a while and a change of diet (to food he had never had beforeb salmon and potato) he was able to come off them with no ill effects.
    Norma
    Gabbie & Tilly

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww bless him, you clearly love him so much. I'm happy he's getting his energy back.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

I love a happy ending.
    Jan
    Owned by Rufus (B&T) and Piper (Border Terrier) and in loving memory of 12 years of Toby joy (Tri cavalier) - waiting at the rainbow bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful news......whew, what a relief!!!!!!! Judy