Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Californiacavalierpuppies.com

Post Thanks / Like

At the risk of sounding like a snob, I would find it hard to take this seriously because ... although they have gone to the trouble writing an extended mini-essay on the breed, it is not particularly well written. It's repetitive. It's cutesy. There's very little in the way of cold, hard fact, and, as Karlin points out, it's not even accurate.

...and their choice of emphasis is truly, truly strange. I agree with Pauline. It does sound a bit kiddyish.
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely disgusting!!! I just hate seeing this sites. And there are more and more of them every day.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the same thing about the writing skills - not only is the writer ignorant about dogs in general and Cavaliers in particular, but he/she is a lousy writer! I presume they are targeting the affluent consumers in CA - (do ya hear me, Cathy!!)

Bandit's mom - you are obviously near UGA in Athens I am in Marietta. I've been a client of Gil Jacobs, bd. cert. cardiologist for about 20 yrs., and now I see Corrie Barker, bd. cert. internist who bought his practice recently (he is still there, just working less hours). At any rate, I can't say enough good things about both of them - they are wonderful and very skilled. The personal attention they give is way above and beyond the norm, or I wouldn't make the three hour round trip drive there when there is another bd. cert. cardiologist and several internists located 15 minutes from me in Atlanta. I really credit Gil and Corrie in a big way in helping me have three Cavaliers reach 14, one reach 15 and two reach 16. The youngest Cavalier I've lost was 13, and that was way too young to my way of thinking.
    Pat B
    Atlanta, GA

Post Thanks / Like

Its like a kids prog - lets all pretend everything is ok...........................OMg

Post Thanks / Like

I came across the same site for Michigan breeders. If you read closely, the breeders aren't in the states they mention , it's a marketing trick and really appalling. I hope people don't fall for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I presume they are targeting the affluent consumers in CA - (do ya hear me, Cathy!!)
    ......Wish I were one of the affluent consumers in CA!!!

The site just makes me sick. Just ran across a local "breeder" (and, believe me, I use that term lightly!!) with a link on her website to another such site. One of her buyers called me, after the fact of course. She said she had done her homework and researched. I pointed out two key facts she missed.....no affiliation with any club and a link to a crap site like that one! Oh well, what's done is done. But she completely understood and agreed with what I said. Hopefully she won't go back there (was considering it, but won't now) and will educate others who ask her about where she got her Cavalier.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

this makes me sick!!!
    Mom to freddie 1 yr old (blen), baxter 1 yr old (ruby) and molly 3yr old (tri)

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=brotymo;287422]I had to take Bandit to the emergency vet late Monday night (scary incident with a rawhide/choking, then having to pass it...that I can't really talk about it right now and didn't post here because it very close to cost us Bandit, and I didn't want to relive it. Thankfully all is well now.)

Post Thanks / Like

Glad Bandit is ok Now. Next time you have a dog in trouble just post a quick HELP ... here. I probably sound a complete nutter, but the power of the mind is a very powerful tool and many people here will 'will him through' alongside you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diddy View Post
    Glad Bandit is ok Now. Next time you have a dog in trouble just post a quick HELP ... here. I probably sound a complete nutter, but the power of the mind is a very powerful tool and many people here will 'will him through' alongside you.
    thanks Diddy. Everyone here is awesome. Over the couple of days this summer while Pixie was in the hospital, a victim of delayed drowning and ultimately did not survive, (you can look at my posts if you were not here then if you wanted to see her story ) it was the support and compassion of all the board members that helped lift me up to get through that awful time. The scary situation with Bandit on Monday just felt too familiar. Once it was over, I wanted to forget it.

That said, I am glad I was able to come here for support and understanding.