• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rex is having eye operation in the morning

Rex is home :D
I collected him at 5 and it took me almost 2 hours to get home traffic was terrible.
The vet said the surgery went well. He's very sleepy and a little scary looking with the stitches in his eyes. He's whined a few times but the nurses assured me the painkiller he had before he left should last until the morning. We're back in 2 wks for a check up and check its healed properly.

He's here in my lap now unhappy with the "lampshade" on his head! I just want the next few days to fly by and get him back to his loveable self.

Thanks everyone on here -I was worried sick all day and all your messages really helped me :flwr::flwr::flwr:

So glad for you that all went well and that Rex is home with you, sending Rex :luv: and wishing he is soon well and back to himself:)

Pleased to hear that Rex is back home now, and no dount catching up on the cuddles he missed whilst he was away.

Thanks everyone, he's coming round a bit more and crying a bit :( They gave him painkillers before we left at 5 and said he'd be ok until the morning when he's due his next painkillers.

He has spent most of the evening in my lap snoozing. But now he's decided he wants to get into his pet carrier, he loves going in there for a little Rex time or to watch tv! He cant go in his usual way (head first with a few twirls to get comfy) with the buster collar so I put him in bum first and his little head is sticking out.
Hopefully he'll sleep tonight and be more comfortable in the morning

Poor Rex. Give him a big cuddle from us :hug: I hope he gets some sleep tonight ( and you too!). Hopefully he'll feel better in the morning :flwr:

Poor little fella. I'm glad you have painkillers for today. How are you bearing up? It's hard on mums too..:hug:

Rex is a lot better today but it's going to be a while before he's back to himself. His eyes look a lot better, they have stretched a bit and look more natural. He slept all night and was awake early this morning wiggling his bum trying to hug us (which hurts when they've got a buster collar on!!!)

He's still whining a bit every so often, I think its the itch from the wound. We caught him a while ago rearranging the cushions on the sofa so he could get the corner of them one into the collar and have a good rub, so we'll have to keep a close eye on him.

Thanks Pauline, I'm fine today, I was very stressed and worried yesterday but I know in a few days it'll all be worth it! We'll have a happier doggie :flwr:

Good to hear you are both doing better today, it's very stressful when they're not well.

Chelle, I'm so glad to hear that Rex is doing well. I hope you're feeling a bit better today too! If he's organising cushions to suit himself then he must be getting back to his old self! :p

If he's organising cushions to suit himself then he must be getting back to his old self! :p

I had to take the cushions off the couch, he figured out how arrange them so he could rub his eyes on them - a big no no.

He's back to himself, but hating the buster collar which has to stay on for 2 wks. His eyes are starting to open up a lot more and look a lot more natural but I think as they are healing they are getting itchy.
But his ears....they've gotten so matted from the collar - I'll never get those knots out :rolleyes: Has anyone else had this problem when using the buster collar? If so how did ye prevent the matting (he has to keep the collar on all the time as he keeps trying to get at his eyes)

Good to hear that Rex is feeling himself:)
Poor thing though that he hates the buster collar and he has to put up with it for so long.

I had to take the cushions off the couch, he figured out how arrange them so he could rub his eyes on them

How clever is he??!! :D Great to hear he is starting to get better, you must be relieved..

I cant really give any advise on the knots, only I suppose to try to brush that area every day, twice even if you have to.

:hug:from me and the gang

Back