• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sparky is being Neutered today

Dublin

It's a good day for vets today obviously!

Sparks has gone in to be neutered this morning, he went off happily 'singing' with the nurse when I dropped him off - he LOVES the vets as they all cuddle him there.

I know he'll be fine but you can't help but worry can you.

Cass is home alone today so she has a huge marow bone to keep her occupied!

Good luck sparky!!! Sonia don't worry to much easier said than done i was so worried when mine went in he will be fine

Thanks! I know it's silly but they're like kids to us arent they!

I just almost had a heart attack though, my mobile rang & it said 'animal hospital' - my heart leapt into my mouth, but the nurse was ringing to let me know that Sparks has had his op & is just coming round now! - he must have been first on the list this morning, I just wanna go & get him now but I'm in work till 4.

I'm sooooooo relieved!

Great news Sparky's op is over and he is coming around now, you'll soon have him home and now doubt spoil him rotten.
Sending sparky :luv:, brave boy.:)

lol:rotfl:.
You must be relieved, Gabby is in for her spay next Wednesday, Its for the best though (keep telling myself that). I'll be waiting to hear how little Sparky is later:).

good boy sparky! (y) maggie goes in for her spay surgery this morning. the vet will keep her there til saturday ! :( please send some good cavalier love her way!

~lorna

Ahh bless her, I'll be thinking of Gabby next week. When I had Cass spayed (10 years ago) she was a bit quiet for a few days & very clingy but apart from that she was fine - she liked being allowed to sleep on my bed for a few nights! (which of course is exactly where her & Sparks will be tonight!!!)

good boy sparky! (y) maggie goes in for her spay surgery this morning. the vet will keep her there til saturday ! :( please send some good cavalier love her way!

~lorna

Good Luck Maggie! Sending lots of love to you & Maggie :lotsaluv::lotsaluv:

Glad Sparky is over it and will be home with you soon.

Good luck to all doggies going to the vet.

sonia that is great that sparky is over his op already!!! give him loads of hugs and kisses!

maggie goes in for her spay surgery this morning. the vet will keep her there til saturday ! :( please send some good cavalier love her way!

Will be thinking of you and Maggie today. Sending loadsa good wishes 'till shes home with you tomorrow.(y)

Sparky s home!!!

He's been home almost 2 hours & apart from being a bit slepy he's fine - only has 3 stiches!

He's asleep on m lap - where he should be!

Even Cass is cuddled up to her 'sick' brother!!!

Thanks for all your good wishes & I hope everyone elses surgery went really well too

I'm glad his surgery went well, only three stitches, that's good. Hope he feels more himself tomorrow.

Thanx everyone!

Well, last night I had almost no sleep at all, we took both pups up to bed with us & as soon as the light went out Sparky decided to try & had a go at his wound so on went the buster collar & then I spent most of the night being choked by it while Sparky was trying to cuddle me!

Then at 4.30am Cass decided to get sick on the bed!

Now Ive had to go to the butchers to get more bones as Sparky dosn't think theres anything wrong with him & wants to pay & jump & do everything he usualy does - obviously the pain killers are doing their job too well! It's gonna e a long few days I think!

I love the way te vets always say to keep them quiet fro a few days -they know damn well thats alost impossible without sedation!!!! But of course I'd rather Sparks be like this than down in the dumps or suffering.

Hi Sonia, Great to hear he's doing well after his op. Two of mine both bounced back within literally a day of having it done, and I know what you mean about trying to keep them rested. Absolutely impossible!!!

Big hugs from us :lotsaluv:

Back