Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kennel cough. :(

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kennel cough. :(

My girls are up to date with all their vacs including Kennel Cough however we havn't this time escaped an outbreak within our town. Most agility and obedience clubs have been closed but unfortunately three of my girls have presently got Kennel cough. Two Cavaliers and a Sheltie. All on meds from the vet, hopefully showing signs of improvement.

It isn't nice for them and it sounds and looks awful, I just hope that they never have it again.

Alison.

Post Thanks / Like

Aww no, poor babies. Hope they get better soon, sending hugs your way

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear your girls are unwell..sending hugs and best wishes for a speedy recovery for them.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that Alison. Sounds like you have a week or two of sleepless nights ahead of you.Hopefully it's just three that have it and they'll make a speedy recovery.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Deja vous!

Alison, we had the same problem in our house. I foster dogs that come directly from the pound and I had avoided a house plague until a month ago - all five picked it up. Coughing up goo and unhappy dogs all round! Just to warn you that some dogs keep coughing even after infection has gone away - but this isn't something to be worried about (unless it hasn't improved at all). My heart goes out to you, and the poor dogs (they can be so miserable with it )

Post Thanks / Like

so sorry, I hope all your babies are well soon. I had a friend go through kennel cough recently with a Shepherd rescue. He, also, coughed long after the infection cleared up. You might experience the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh dear, I hope they all feel better soon.

If the cough lingers too long they might need more antibiotics. That's what happened when Geordie had it long ago.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Alison, how are the girls feeling today? Poor little things. I know nothing about kennel cough, I assume they must be very warn out and upset?
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

All doing well today, meds seem to be holding any further infections developing although one Cavalier has had a very rough dose of it now turning the corner and brighter today. There is nothing like the cough that goes with this, it is unmistakable.

Alison.

Post Thanks / Like

My two had it last week and as I didn’t know that you can carry the virus on your cloth. I went to visit my friend who got the sister and brother of my two cavaliers. Then our other friend dropped in who got five cavaliers and a litter of puppies at home. So slowly nearly every dog has come down with kennel cough. When I phoned the vet and talked to the vetnary nurse she reassured me that you can’t catch it from your cloth but when my friend talked to the vet he confirmed that it lives on your cloth for up to 2 hours. We all use the same vet and he said that he never has seen so much kennel cough. We were all worried for the pups and the vet gave my friend something to give to the pups straight away.

Sabby