• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Another update on Pippa

brid kenny

She has improved immensely since she was sore first but she is still squealing with pain when she is lifted. THe vet thought something was swlling on her spine so she is getting an x ray tomorrow.

Oh no, poor girl. I hope it's nothing serious. It's good you are getting the x-ray. Does she need to be sedated?

If nothing shows on that I'd get her immediately in to see Fintan at Anicare in Blanchardstown as he is familiar with SM and medicating for that and suggesting next steps; I know this was your other concern. If she is squealing she must be in quite a lot of pain -- has your vet put her onto anything for that? If not, ask that she be put on steroids to at least address the pain as that will help either back pain or SM pain. I'd also confine her to a crate so her movement is minimised. That is important for back problems and will help reduce her movements which could aggravate SM pain as well.

Good luck tomorrow. :flwr:

Thanks Karlin. Yes she's on painkillers for the moment. he said if nothing shows up on the x ray she will be getting a scan.

If by any chance there's nothing on the xray, I'd ask for a gabapentin prescription while you wait for a scan (it can be a few weeks' wait) and try her on the basic 100mg 2x or 3x and see if that helps -- if the pain is SM related this will probably help almost immediately. :flwr:

Back