• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

insurence

AT

I was wondering if it was worth taking insurence out on my 6 year old cavalier & if so which company have you found to be good . I'm a bit warey of ringing company's up & asking if they cover certain things such as mri incase they press the magic button on their keyboard & increase the price ,lol

My other two dogs have been to the vets with health problems so I dont think its worth insuring them . But this one has only been for a bad tummy & vaccinations

Last edited:
Hi

Just checked all that the critical thing is cover for life for any one illness and i still think theres only one and thats Petplan i have 3 cavs and 2 cats the cavs i think are about £24 moth for a benefit for life per condition of £400 i think all in it costs me a year for all close to £1400.
Good luck but it must be for life not time limited or amount limited

AXA by far is the best. They pay out up to £7000 every year for the duration of that illness. Many only pay for the first year of the condition. The excess is £50, many others are £70. They are the cheapest I found too and they told me today that they would pay for Dylan's MRI which will cost £1300-£1500.

Mine cost £182.54. Each postal area has it's own price depending on vets prices in that area and I live in a very expensive area.

Last edited:
AXA again here as well for all five, they cover from any age and rescues, excellent cover. Get a quote online with instant cover.

Alison.

Hi
You have got me thinking i only renewed 7 days ago so i could cancel ad get a refund ,you def think its as good if noy better than Petplan.

Brian,

you should be able you cancel, you normally have 14.days.

I thought you might like to know how much mine cost per month. I do it monthly as there is no interest added to the premium doing it this way.

2 Shelties are £13.75 (age 7 yrs) and £10.09 (age 4yrs)

Cavs are £12.76 (age 5 yrs) £12.85 (rescue PF age 6) £12.85 (rescue PF age 6)

Total £62 pm. £750 a year for 5 dogs...well worth it I think, especially with the Cavaliers.

Alison.

HI
Changed to petplan on thr 21 st Oct so i phoned and cancelled as within 14 days then applied to axa plans to start tomorrow and the the same for my two cats .

petplan 3 girls ages 2 yr 2 mths ,1 yr 10 mths ,1 yr 2 mths petplan total £730.00 axa total £354.00

axa breakdown poppy 2 2 £113.75 daisy 1 10 £120.20 rosie 1 2 £120.20 dont make sense pops is the oldest but the cheapest

2 cats paying now through halifax as one is 11yr 8 mths and Ami 14 yrs 8 mths a total of £354.00
axa total £246.00

Petplan /other total £1084.00
Axa total £ 600.99

Saving £484.00

Hi Pauline

Thanks again i had prepaid all mine so they will reimburse by c/e in 10-14 days but if AXA wont do commission i promise if you pm me your address i am more thn happy to say thanks via a big bunch of flowers via interflora.

Rgds

Brian(y):flwr:

Oh I was only joking, I'm an awful big head. You hang on to your money, you've spent a lot this week. Thanks Brian. :D

Brian thats a great saving :)
I have been with them for a few years (5) and have been more than happy with them. I hope you will be also.

Alison.

Hi

And thank you all for your kind advice and guidance

Best Wishes

To All

Brian:flwr::flwr:

Wow - had renewal quote for my poodle from Healthy Pets insurance a few days ago - last year £107 approx - this year over £390!!!! Have just tried AXA & have been quoted £180 approx - whoopee. Didn't think I could insure cavie Holly as she is nearly 6 with a grade 1 heart murmur but I'm going to try it now.(y)

Gosh. Murphy is 2 1/2 and costs £19.50, a month, the 2 cats a 4, and cost £21.50 a month. I took Petplan because of their life cover, thinking they were the besticon_nwunsure

I pay by D.D I wonder if there would be a cancellation charge, I'll need to dig out paperwork. Might be worth a swap with the cost of things these days, every penny counts:)

I just looked up AXA for Canadians. Sadly, they don't offer pet insurance here. I'm still not sure what would be the best policy offered to Canadians. I think it might be VetInsurance.

Just a note to remember while we are shopping for better or less expensive pet Insurance :)

....any conditions already noted on your animals health record with you vet will not normally be covered by an Insurance company......noted conditions will nearly always be excluded from a claim especially if you have claimed for them with a previous company.

So think hard if you are claiming for medical expenses already and thinking about making the switch. Is it a condition that might or be more likely to happen again for which you would want to claim for?

Otherwise if your dog/cat is healthy with a clear medical record then switch and shop around and save some money!

Alison.

Back