• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anyone heard of Mignitin?

Molly's mom

I was browsing http://cavalierhealth.org and ran across the following:

A proprietary homeopathic compound called "Mignitin" has, according to some anecdotal reports, provided relief to SM-affected Cavaliers suffering from symptoms of the disease, such as ear or neckscratching. According to its manufacturer, Mignitin's ingredients include sepia, aesculus (aesculus hippocastanum), cimicifug (black cohosh), calc fluor (calcium fluoride), baryta carb (baryta carbonica), rhus tox (rhus toxicodendron or poison ivy), and kali carb (kali carbonicum). The manufacturer's website is www.Mignitin.com.

Has anyone heard of and or tried this?
Thanks in advance.

Yes we have been trying it for a while - but NOT from that site. My own homoeopathic supplier made it up for me at a considerably cheaper price :D

www.gentletouchremedies.co.uk

It took a few months to work, but Teddy is fantastic on it, the best he has ever been.

I do think it is worth trying...it is not going to do any harm even if it doesn't do any good...but please be careful where you get it from.

On their website they show the ingredients, so any homoeopathic vet/supplier should be able to make it up for you and then you can be confident of its ingredients.

Nicki,

Thanks for your response. May I ask, how is it administered? (dosage etc.) and does Teddy take any other medication? Molly takes gabapentin 200mg 3X a day.

Thanks again.

caveat emptor. This website and company features on fraud expose sites and is dismissed by several human stringomyelia boards. At least one researcher is alarmed at the thought of ordering anything off a vague wdbsite and company and giving it to dogs or people. Please do not order from
them. If you want to experiment consult a homeopathic vet

Maybe you could find a homeopathic vet on this website:
http://www.ahvma.org/

Thanks for posting about this. I'd like to try that for Geordie. I've been supplementing his Gabapentin with Metacam at night lately, but I don't want to use it long term.

Gosh I am suprised to hear this. Why would www.cavalierhleath.org
post a website without checking it out?

caveat emptor. This website and company features on fraud expose sites and is dismissed by several human stringomyelia boards. At least one researcher is alarmed at the thought of ordering anything off a vague wdbsite and company and giving it to dogs or people. Please do not order from
them. If you want to experiment consult a homeopathic vet

Gosh I am suprised to hear this. Why would www.cavalierhleath.org
post a website without checking it out?

The website was checked out. The paragraph in http://cavalierhealth.org is simply a statement of fact, which is that "A proprietary homeopathic compound called "Mignitin" has, according to some anecdotal reports, provided relief to SM-affected Cavaliers suffering from symptoms of the disease... ."

The site emphasizes elsewhere that:

"Holistic supplements should be taken only if prescribed by a licensed veterinarian who also is holistically trained in TCM. A search webpage for finding holistic veterinarians in the United States is located at www.holisticvetlist.com."

That same warning will be added to the mignitin paragraph.

Rod Russell
Orlando, Florida USA

Are there any vets near you who use Chinese herbs?

Years ago when my little maltese mix was still alive, our vet had extensive training in Chinese herbs and acupuncture, in addition to his normal practice. He treated her with Chinese herbs for arthritis, because he felt Rimadyl was too harsh a drug for a little 5-6 lb dog. I was amazed how well the Chinese herbs worked for her. I'm going to call and see if he's still practicing (or if he's retired).

Back