• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Any news from the SGM?

On Breed Notes (Cavalier) Dog World UK it is posted that Margaret Carter was removed from CKCS Club position :(

well, the breeders just proved they are not a breed club but a breeders club. There's a huge ethical difference.

I am upset about this, but not suprised. Margaret said that the breeders against her were going there in force, and these are going to be the people who regularly attend meetings. The majority of the membership are still pet owners who would not usually go to the meetings.

Next year there will be a postal vote and Margaret has said she will stand again - though I could forgive her if she tells them what to do with their club, which is how I feel at the moment. On the other hand, the CKCS Club is the only focal point for the breed, and we are now left without the person who was prepared to stick her neck out and push for breeders to follow the recommended protocols, based on the research done so far.

I have just read that Gordon Inglis thinks it is his right, along with other breeders, to breed how they think fit as the research isn't conclusive. I have always believed that along with rights go responsibilities, so I assume that they will now be taking responsibility for their choices by telling all puppy buyers that they are ignoring current CKCS Club recommendations.

He also claims that Pedigree Dogs Exposed didn't expose anything as SM was already known about by breeders. A pity then, that none of the ones shared that information with me when I was looking for a new Cavalier 18 months ago. He rather misses the point that the exposure was to the general public.

So, where do we go now? A new Cavalier King Charles Club perhaps? Any ideas?

Hello to you all,

You already know the results of the SGM.

The voting was:-
204 voted for removing me from the committee of the Cavalier Club
31 voted against my removal.
4 people abstained.

I would like to thank the cavalier owners that managed to get to the SGM and support me. I really appreciate it.
Also, thank you to the members of this talkboard that have given me so much encouragement and support

It has been a fairly stressful day so I now intend to sit down with a glass of wine to cuddle my dogs & watch a video.

I will post again tomorrow.

Margaret C

:hug: (((((((hugs))))))) to you, Margaret. :flwr:
Thank you for all you've done for cavalier health, and all that you will continue to do. :flwr:

It's very disappointing news Margaret,but through it all you have conducted yourself at all times with remarkable composure and dignity.
Enjoy your glass of wine and we should all have a glass tonight in your honour.
Sins

Sorry to read this, Margaret. I think whoever said about a new breed club hit the nail on the head since, as Karlin says, the current status quo is evidently run with the interests of the breeders in mind, not the breed itself.

Enjoy your wine and cuddles!

be sure to write your mp and euro mp citing this incident as clear evidence that dog breeding must come under animal welfare control as this vote indicates how little the kc can do about health and how much organized opposition to any honesty on health matters much less concern for the dogs. Fewer than 2 dozen breeders attended the two club sponsored sm conferences and virtually none who voted against margaret but 200 showed up to vote out the key person behind every ongoing club health campaign as originator or main supprter. Let your mp know how craven these breeders are. Ribbons and stud and puppy money are their selfish price for our breed's health. Don't let them away with this.

Back