Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

On deleting posts and what people can post -- if people do not like the perspective of this board, there are other places to go. I make no apologies for giving free space to talk to people who feel it difficult to impossible to post in many other forums. Likewise as I have always said, this is my forum, my personal site, and my money running it. No member pays to be here; no one has a 'right' to be here -- but I have always had an open door to pet owners and to many breeders. I am sorry things have reached a point where many breeders feel they don't care to be here or don't get to say what they want but on this particular issue -- I simply do not care. Every other list and board I know of sans one has a strong breeder membership or board ownership and discussion as a result is truncated on the topics I allow to be freely discussed here from the opposite perspective. Also, anyone can go set up a forum of their own where they too can make up the rules.

As for deleting posts -- I am very clear about why I delete some; but someone needs to ask Norma Inglis the same question about all the posts that endlessly vanish from the comments on her column perhaps, for which there's no explanation?

And as I have said before -- the breed clubs unfortunately seem more about breedERS, not the breed. It is indeed a sad day when someone has to expose shoddy breeding on national television because breeders themselves not only failed to shame the person out of breeding but continued to use the dog when at least some must have known his status. The funny thing is, a lot of those now saying *Margaret* 'exposed' the confidences around this dog are the same who passed around news of his SM status themselves a long while ago and have now conveniently forgotten this and how many others knew. I find it hard to believe that *I* could have known about him ages ago-- and NOT from Margaret! -- yet some breeders who used him at stud did not?

There are others who know Margaret was not breaking any confidences, but they remain silent. The agenda was indeed protecting the club, not the breed. Though by its very actions I would guess that vote is probably the single most damaging thing the club will ever have done to itself in its history. Watch and see.

And there is ONE person who could conclusively prove the scan and the advice she received were not as has been stated. The breeder of Beauella Radzinski has merely to ask Geoff Skerritt to reveal what was said and will be on the dog's record; or to ask Geoff Skerritt to give the scan to an independent panel. If as has been said, no one is hiding anything, then why has this not been done to resolve the questions of several reputations?

If nothing is being hidden, then there is no reason not to openly discuss that scan!

I do recognise that, depending on the scan results, and advice given at the time, and who knew what, when, that there might be legal implications...
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Words fail me! Disgusting! someone who tries to help our breed of dogs! and cos telling the truth they are voted off!!!! Truth!!!!! what would happen in a court of law!!
    Katie, mum to ruby 9 months old

Post Thanks / Like

Dog World UK Breed Notes

(dont know what good that is going to do ,since now it's a closed forum
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Breeders Web Site

Has anyone looked at the web site reccomended by the editor of Dogs Today magazine you can find it via the editors blog
    It's a lovely web site and an example of what all breeders should be doing, lovely photos and information about their health testing efforts including MRI scan results
    Hats off to them I say
    Ross

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just in case anyone missed it, the Kennel Club has criticised the CKCS Club vote at the SGM and come out in support of Margaret.

http://www.dogmagazine.net/archives/...rgaret-carter/

Kennel Club Hits Out at Cavalier Club; Supports Margaret Carter
    Posted By Ryan O'Meara Date: 7/10 Posted Under: Animal Welfare

The Kennel Club has spoken to K9 Magazine about its concern following the decision of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel club to vote out one of its committee members, Margaret Carter, who spoke out about breed health on the documentary Pedigree Dogs Exposed.

The Kennel Club told us:
    The Kennel Club is concerned about the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club’s decision to remove breeder, Margaret Carter, from its committee.
    Mrs Carter appeared to speak for those very aims that the Kennel Club and the Cavalier King Charles Club itself supports, which is reflected in the vast amount of effort that the breed club has put into ensuring that the health of the breed is progressed. Mrs Carter’s intentions appeared to be honourable and her will to ensure that the health of the breed is maintained, through responsible breeding practices, is one that the Kennel Club fully supports.

The Kennel Club has also issued news today that it is put the health of all of its 209 recognised breeds under review, due to be completed early next year.
    Dog lovers all over the country will be heartened to see the Kennel Club taking a positive stand on these issues and the organisation should be resoundingly praised for their support of Margaret Carter on this issue.
    The Kennel Club is correct. The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel club is out of step with the opinions of health conscious, right minded dog lovers and they should be ashamed of their actions.
    Karlin