• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Just so you know!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
On Sunday evening I set this forum so that non-members can only read thread titles but not thread content. Basically I am just having a bit of fun making it more of a hassle for some people to rush to get their little fix of what the pet owners think (I know, it is sad, but some breeders actually LIVE for each new post here! :lol: I wish that crowd would spend as much time reading up on breed health information or actually making positive contributions to breed health, but reading discussion boards simply consumes them. Some people lead pretty limited lives, I guess! :rotfl: ).

In case people have checked in without having logged in and thought something was wrong with their User CP settings, this is why you cant get into the threads. You just have to log in. :) I've kept all the other forums open as usual -- most outside readers are here for the health forums and the Library section and the pictures you all post, so the heavily accessed content is all available.

Mainly I am just having a bit of fun setting up a few hoops to jump through. If people are so desperate to read the site that they have friends forwarding them thread content, that's their business of course. Maybe they need to get a few more activities and interests in their lives, though! :D

That's a good idea Karlin (y) Am I right in thinking the Dog & Bone has been off limits to non members for some time?

cl*p Oh dear, I've discovered that I am mean enough that I am enjoying the thought annoyed people confronting those new hoops!

Last edited:
I wondered what was happening!! I usually browse through the site when I am at work, but tend not to log in - I thought work had caught on and was blocking me from somehow viewing the threads, that was until I got home tried viewing without logging on and found I had the same problem :D

Do you need any ideas on how else to have fun with these breeders? I'm sure we can all come up with a suggestion or two :jump:

Ha Ha Ha I thought it had gone strangely quiet on another forum where certain people love to criticise this one, so knew 'something was up'. Just read this thread and found the reason why. Much amused!!

I read a comment by Bet on the Dog World notes that said that this site is now "closed" so I was wondering what was going on...

I thought work had caught on and was blocking me from somehow viewing the threads,

:rotfl:

Yeah, reading CavalierTalk can get you in trouble! icon_devil

Maybe some of those people will find something better to do with their time then read and fuss over other boards and lists. One of the things I limit here is long discussions of other lists and boards, for a variety of reasons, but one is that they all have the right to choose their own audience and direction. I have made mine very clear since this board was set up and I continue to refer people to the intention and moderating approach of the board. Elsewhere I list several other lists and boards for breeding discussions etc.

I regret to say I have removed one breeder membership as she was offering publicly on another list to email people's forum posts from here to interested breeders, a direct violation of board guidelines and etiquette. Individuals hold copyright to their own posts and I hold copyright to the board overall.

I stress again that my point is not to hide any conversations on a public board -- and I certainly could not be bothered to spend hours screening members :rolleyes: -- but do sometimes enjoy playing a game called 'Fun With Board Features' :cool:. I bought this board software because it has a lot of powerful features for screening and filtering and managing which come in useful for spam (and some breeder :lol:) accounts.

Pauline, I saw you were beaten up on that site. Were a bunch of comments deleted or something? Wow, they just won't quit, huh?

I had such a stressful day and that thread has just really made me laugh (y)
:rah: Go Karlin :rah:

Hahaha Nice one Karlin :D

Pauline, I saw you were beaten up on that site. Were a bunch of comments deleted or something? Wow, they just won't quit, huh?

I think a lot of things that were said got deleted from various sites.

My psychic powers tell me that a lot of other doggie lovers got sent links to various topicss on various places :neutral:

My psychic powers also tell me that they all complained (y)

(Sorry, had to edit this as i wrote posts instead of toipcs)

Last edited:
Thanks Karlin! Now I feel I can relax a little!

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin: I must say I'm having a good laugh over the reactions to these changes on the outside!!!!!!

Me, beaten up, never! As long as the other side is put forward, it restores the balance a bit. I just want readers to hear things from a pet owners perspective and point out the blasé attitude to SM of some breeders. I don't always get it right but I'll have a good try.

Many posts were deleted, mine, HollyDollys, Jemima Harrison's the list goes on. But everyone's posts are getting deleted at some point, even Norma's.

I have complained about several nasty posts on there that were slanderous. Sometimes they are deleted, and sometimes not.

PS, can you guess who I am on there?

Back