Jasper tri
    21/Dec/05, Gabby ruby girl 8/Nov/07, and Felix the cat 4/April/10

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

OH I wanted to play the game for much longer
    HollyDolly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was afraid a few of them would go for my jugular, or at the very least delete every word I said.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just FYI was amused to read that some are resorting to Googling to try to bring up posts on 'certain' boards and lists. I will not flatter myself to think that this means CavalierTalk and that some breeders are so desperate to read this board that they would actually spend time trying to do that to read posts here... but perhaps it is true...

I'll eventually flip this forum back to open access so they can read away! -- but for now it continues to be amusing to make some folks have to take up so much of their day trying to find out what people are talking about. I think they would actually get a much better idea of the general public's views however from some of the large public lists like Dogpages.co.uk however, or comments on news stories on publication websites -- surely it cannot matter much what our much smaller membership says here? Or maybe they think what we think and say is -- gasp! -- Important?!

I certainly don't waste time now reading their posts and comments elsewhere simply because they have made the same arguments for years, coming from the same people. Surely they can predict some of what will be said here too and thus, don't need to sloooooowly access board posts through the tedious process of googling people's names and relevant keywords? I know a lot of us are doing far more productive things behind the scenes. I hope at least some of them are too!

I do see that someone has independently confirmed that what the KC said about the CKCS Club SGM and its support for Margaret Carter is official. So sadly, their hopes are now dashed that this was just Ryan O'Meara making things up.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I certainly don't waste time now reading their posts and comments elsewhere simply because they have made the same arguments for years, coming from the same people.
    Yes, took me a while to get it, but I have now stopped bothering with them too. Although I did do a quick trawl round the general dog sites yesterday just to get the satisfaction of seeing all the people supporting Margaret!
    Last edited by Jan Bell; 8th October 2008 at 01:30 PM. Reason: grammar
    Jan
    Owned by Rufus (B&T) and Piper (Border Terrier) and in loving memory of 12 years of Toby joy (Tri cavalier) - waiting at the rainbow bridge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well I lied -- sometimes I do read my email list subscriptions just because they produce gems like this, from the moderators of the Allaboutcavaliers list, who are paranoid trying to figure out how I can read their posts (doh! Just as Veronica said on that very list about Cavaliertalk, noting her assumption that I *would* read her post -- which implies they have no idea who is on their list anyway... -- and they are right! )

...with many, many memberships going way back before you were all so worried about SGMs, and given how easy it is to register under any old name, including 'one of your own', is it any wonder I could be on the list? Or be on the list under three different names, for that matter?

Anyway I thought it ironic (given that one of the former breeder members here had offered on that very list to email on your messages, and given that they crosspost from here) that moderator Kathy Yonkers would say this:

I was just informed that KL might be signing on to this forum via the
    webpage or is having someone forward posts to her.

She wrote to a member quoting the post this member had made to this
    forum.

We are going to have our security person work on this....while this
    investigation is occurring, if you forwarded posts or given web access
    to these parties sign off now before you are embarrassed in front of
    the forum.

Remember these posts are copyrighted by the individual and individuals
    have to be approved to join our discussion group. If you are reading
    these posts and are not a member you in violation.

The Moderators.. .>>
    Man, how paranoid is THAT? Let's not be coy,then -- the forum member I wrote to was the one removed from this list: Nancy. I do not like naming names but given what is going on on the Allabout list, I feel obliged to let those of you who post to other lists and boards know who these people are as they discuss YOU and YOUR posts while posting in a friendly way on other sites where you also are members. This is two faced and duplicitous and they might want to explain themselves elsewhere, where they remain members.

Given that I can produce plenty of evidence that the Allabout team have violated their own 'crossposting' rule with lots of posts from other websites and boards and lists, they will have problems complaining about me 'crossposting'. And anyway they have to figure out who the real KL is anyway.

They have violated, again and again, Yahoo's own policy on use of lists and if they dare to post another post from any of you from other Yahoo lists to that list I will submit all the evidence to Yahoo which will cause their group to be barred from using Yahoo as they have violated the Yahoo Groups terms of agreement. As some of them should know.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

"They" could use a few more bumps in the road-some are so awful. Winning a discussion means cutting opponent off at knees-doesn't matter the subject being discussed. Good thing they can't find out an opponent's past history in re: to say juvenile behavior or they'd go after that. A little Logic 101 infused subconsciously into them would enable honest discussion-maybe....hmmm..anyone have telepathic abilities?
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    who are paranoid trying to figure out how I can read their posts
    If people really don't want others reading their posts then they shouldnt post on message boards , infact if something is so secret they should phone each other or better yet learn to communicate telepathicly ,lol

Its not nice but it will happen even amongst " friends"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Allaboutcavaliers list on Yahoo Groups has 436 members. Let me repeat: 436 members (though they seem to be removing some all right!). It would be amazing if all the other 435 members besides me (that is assuming I registered only once, of course) agreed with what they post and think. Still I am sure their 'security person' will have fun trying to figure out who is who, out of that 436.

But anyway: I do sincerely wish the security person happy hunting. I've used Yahoo Groups for many years and know how limited the tools are for administrating groups there. And that it isn't very hard to register or get online.

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/allaboutcavaliers/
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

BTW, from their list description -- I'd forgotten this bit:

Keeping with the philosophy of the list owners, members can agree to disagree in a polite manner. No names of individuals or dogs can be presented in a negative light.

There is a zero tolerance flame policy.