• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

pedigree take over jwb?

angie

i have just posted a reply to a pedigree question but realised it was a bit out of date. i was told by my pet store when buying a new bag of jwb that pedigree had taken them over and to check the ingredients. i checked on -line and found one site saying they had taken over in 2002! anyone else heard this? just have to keep check on the ingredients i guess.

Yes they were bought up some time ago. Many smaller companies are now owned by larger ones but JWB's ingredients haven't changed. Same with Royal Canin for example. The larger companies want the smaller brands and their niche markets; they don't need to change the foods to be like their mainstream offerings.

If you want a small company that is still independent there are a few of those too.

I will never buy Pedigree dog food. My dad thought Pedigree was a a very reputable brand until the dogs in Taiwan start having liver failures. Pedigree dumped their defect product to the Taiwanese/Asia market in 2004 and caused many many death. They did not do anything to help the dog that was killed. Just look at their statement! They went on and say its not their fault!! And issue the recall much too late. Thousands of dogs were affected all over Asia. I have zero respect for this company. It does not have our pets best interest at heart.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0WDP/is_2004_March_15/ai_114410165

Oh wow, is that upsetting! :eek: I wonder if Pedigree has the same management team after that happened.

Back