Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter Coats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winter Coats

Just wondering where you can get coats that you can put the puppia harness under (so has a hole for lead to go through).

I thought puppia did coats that have that but I cant seem to find them!
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Miles has a winter coat that he can wear with his Puppia harness underneath. It has a hole for the leash to go through and attach to the D-ring. I forgot the brand name, but I bought it at a dog boutique in Chicago...

Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )

Post Thanks / Like

I got a Puppia raincoat on ebay and it had a hole for the lead to go through. I dont know about their warm winter coats. I need to get one for Ollie so if I come across one with a hole I'll let you know.
    Ollie Roxy Bailey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shelli View Post
    I got a Puppia raincoat on ebay and it had a hole for the lead to go through. I dont know about their warm winter coats. I need to get one for Ollie so if I come across one with a hole I'll let you know.
    e

Here in the UK ancol brand coats have a hole for a harness. I have weatherbeeta brand coats but they do not have a hole for a harness so I will be getting the sewing machine out to stitch my handy work.

Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Michelle, I'll google it and see if I can get them here. I'm afraid I'm useless with a sewing machine so that isn't an option for me
    Ollie Roxy Bailey

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure you will find something suitable Shelli. I was hunting on ebay for dog coats last night I want something that will show up in the dark my Black and Tan boy Ziggy is hard to see in the garden he goes to the bottom of it where my out light does not shine. I can always see Dotty as she is blen.

Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a puplight for Alex and he wears it out for walks and in the garden at night so that I can see where is. It is a light that is attached to a collar, it hangs down a little and can be adjusted to go ahead or down. It sure gets the cars to slow down when they see this light bobbing along about 1 foot off of the ground at night. About $20 at Petco. Here is the website: www.puplight.com

Jane, mom to Alex

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cy1266 View Post
    Miles has a winter coat that he can wear with his Puppia harness underneath. It has a hole for the leash to go through and attach to the D-ring. I forgot the brand name, but I bought it at a dog boutique in Chicago...

That's a lovely picture.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

That's a lovely picture.
    Thanks Pauline!
    Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )

Post Thanks / Like

I have the puppia #5 ski jackets and they came with a hole in the back.. actually I have the brown color like in the picture and the camo color.. those both came with a hole, but the red one didn't for some reason

I also got the coup d'etat jackets for this winter and they both have holes in the back.

I think the puppia winter coats are very well made and they are stellar snow-keeper-offers for our crazy winters in Canada

If you're ordering online, you may want to call and ask to double check before you put the payment through

PS I wanted to say Miles is just adorable in his orange coat!!!

Good luck!

Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*