Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: small "lump" on right side flank

Post Thanks / Like

Default small "lump" on right side flank

Well, while petting and loving on Bella, our 3 month old pup, I felt a lump about the size of a small marble. It is soft, and moves around so I do not think it is growing attached to anything. It is on her right side at the back of her rib cage just before the hind legs and fairly high up on her side.

It feels like what my lymph nodes feel like when I am getting sick. Also, it does not seem to be causing her any pain.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Tim-

Has she had any vaccines lately? It could be a result on that. Never hurts to call up your vet and ask for advice.

Post Thanks / Like

We were at the vet on Monday and she did not have it then. We got no Vaccines just worming meds and a quick check up. I will try to get her in tomorrow, as our vet has a walk in hour from 11-12.

She is acting normal in all other ways, plays great, and with no signs of pain. We are a little concerned about her eating habits, but she is eating just not when we think she should.

Again thanks for looking

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Chloe has a small pea-sized lump on her neck that I noticed one day too. I had the vet check it out and she said it was just a small cyst that was nothing major to worry about. We just have to keep an eye on it and if it gets any bigger we will have the vet take another look.

I would have your vet check it out to confirm what it is - it will do no harm and put your mind at ease.
    Mam to Millie, Chloe & Rex
    Baby boy Jack (waiting at the bridge) xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Well it seems in the past hour things have gone down hill. I now believe that Bella has Kennel Cough. She is gagging on something in her throat, has mucus running out of her nose and looks like she feel miserable. The wife is going to cancel an auto appointment and make sure that she gets to the vet.

I kind of saw this coming, as Bella has been sneezing ever since we brought her home.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh no -- good that you are getting her in right away as that is important. Also get the vet to look at the lump as you definitely want to have that seen though it is probably nothing to be concerned about.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hope Bella is feeling better soon.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you're acting so quickly and getting her to the vet. Please keep us posted.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Bella feels better soon
    Ollie Roxy Bailey

Post Thanks / Like

any diagnosis on Bella? How is she doing?

Bandit has had swollen lymph nodes in his neck for a couple of weeks, but after a bunch of expensive, negative tests at the vet, I mentioned it to my breeder, and she says they always get that to some degree when they are teething.

The mucous definitely is something else.