• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

small "lump" on right side flank

MX1

Well, while petting and loving on Bella, our 3 month old pup, I felt a lump about the size of a small marble. It is soft, and moves around so I do not think it is growing attached to anything. It is on her right side at the back of her rib cage just before the hind legs and fairly high up on her side.

It feels like what my lymph nodes feel like when I am getting sick. Also, it does not seem to be causing her any pain.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Tim

Tim-

Has she had any vaccines lately? It could be a result on that. Never hurts to call up your vet and ask for advice.

We were at the vet on Monday and she did not have it then. We got no Vaccines just worming meds and a quick check up. I will try to get her in tomorrow, as our vet has a walk in hour from 11-12.

She is acting normal in all other ways, plays great, and with no signs of pain. We are a little concerned about her eating habits, but she is eating just not when we think she should.

Again thanks for looking

Tim

Chloe has a small pea-sized lump on her neck that I noticed one day too. I had the vet check it out and she said it was just a small cyst that was nothing major to worry about. We just have to keep an eye on it and if it gets any bigger we will have the vet take another look.

I would have your vet check it out to confirm what it is - it will do no harm and put your mind at ease.

Well it seems in the past hour things have gone down hill. I now believe that Bella has Kennel Cough. She is gagging on something in her throat, has mucus running out of her nose and looks like she feel miserable. The wife is going to cancel an auto appointment and make sure that she gets to the vet.

I kind of saw this coming, as Bella has been sneezing ever since we brought her home.

Tim

Oh no -- good that you are getting her in right away as that is important. Also get the vet to look at the lump as you definitely want to have that seen though it is probably nothing to be concerned about.

any diagnosis on Bella? How is she doing?

Bandit has had swollen lymph nodes in his neck for a couple of weeks, but after a bunch of expensive, negative tests at the vet, I mentioned it to my breeder, and she says they always get that to some degree when they are teething.

The mucous definitely is something else.

There was a wreck on the freeway yesterday and traffic was backed up for about a 2 hour delay. Any one ever been in Brussels traffic already knows that it is bad at rush hour and this made it worse. The vet called us at 4 pm the appointment was at 6pm and said unless we were going to be there in like 15 min not to bother, and he wold see us in the AM. So we are going this morning.

I will update soon.

Tim

OK, we just got back.

Kennel Cough :( and the lump was a reaction to a shot before we got her. The vet was super nice, and very good with Bella. Gave us 2 meds for the cough and told us if she still has symptoms after 8 days to bring her in for another look, and more meds.

She is not eating as much as she should, and only really eats 1 time a day. So we are trying to find something that she likes to help keep up her strength while she is on the mend.

Thanks for all the support.

Tim

Sorry to hear that Bella has kennel cough. Sending lots of healing vibes her way :hug: :flwr:

Hi Tim, is the lump on the site of the injection?

Sounds more like a histiocytoma to me, they are benign (harmless) and come and go. Other than that it may be a small lipoma.

If you are still worried, I would always suggest a second opinion - you hear so many stories.

All the best with your little one

Well we are about 3 days into the meds, and Bella is doing lots better. She still has the cough but, it is not near as bad or as frequent.

She has also found her appetite again, and now that she is full of yummy goodness, she has a ton more energy and has become a very hard player.

Thanks again for all the well wishes.

Tim

So glad Bella is on the mend, it is so difficult seeing them unwell especially when such a baby.:flwr:

a week and a half

So we are a week and a half into the meds, and the cough has almost stopped but never really went away. Called the vet again and he had us pick up another 10 days worth of antibiotics. Over the last 2 days it seems that the cough is getting worse. Bella acts like she feels fine, but I know the coughing has got to bother her. If it does not die down today or tomorrow we will be back at the vet to have her looked at again.

On a side note:

How big of an issue is it that Bella will not stop eating leaves and grass? I feel like she must be missing something in her diet and is tring to make up for it.

Thanks again
Tim

Back