Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: small "lump" on right side flank

Post Thanks / Like

There was a wreck on the freeway yesterday and traffic was backed up for about a 2 hour delay. Any one ever been in Brussels traffic already knows that it is bad at rush hour and this made it worse. The vet called us at 4 pm the appointment was at 6pm and said unless we were going to be there in like 15 min not to bother, and he wold see us in the AM. So we are going this morning.

I will update soon.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

OK, we just got back.

Kennel Cough and the lump was a reaction to a shot before we got her. The vet was super nice, and very good with Bella. Gave us 2 meds for the cough and told us if she still has symptoms after 8 days to bring her in for another look, and more meds.

She is not eating as much as she should, and only really eats 1 time a day. So we are trying to find something that she likes to help keep up her strength while she is on the mend.

Thanks for all the support.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that Bella has kennel cough. Sending lots of healing vibes her way
    Ollie Roxy Bailey

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tim, is the lump on the site of the injection?

Sounds more like a histiocytoma to me, they are benign (harmless) and come and go. Other than that it may be a small lipoma.

If you are still worried, I would always suggest a second opinion - you hear so many stories.

All the best with your little one

Post Thanks / Like

Well we are about 3 days into the meds, and Bella is doing lots better. She still has the cough but, it is not near as bad or as frequent.

She has also found her appetite again, and now that she is full of yummy goodness, she has a ton more energy and has become a very hard player.

Thanks again for all the well wishes.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

So glad Bella is on the mend, it is so difficult seeing them unwell especially when such a baby.
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Default a week and a half

So we are a week and a half into the meds, and the cough has almost stopped but never really went away. Called the vet again and he had us pick up another 10 days worth of antibiotics. Over the last 2 days it seems that the cough is getting worse. Bella acts like she feels fine, but I know the coughing has got to bother her. If it does not die down today or tomorrow we will be back at the vet to have her looked at again.

On a side note:

How big of an issue is it that Bella will not stop eating leaves and grass? I feel like she must be missing something in her diet and is tring to make up for it.

Thanks again
    Tim