Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: best dry food

Post Thanks / Like

My two are on the JWB fish and rice - all that fussy miss Maddie would eat as a youngster, so when Pippin came along the poor lad didn't get a choice, he got the same! They have tried the new(ish) lamb and vegetable recently and enjoyed that as well.

I feed them on the Junior/performance one, as on the adult food Maddie doesn't keep her condition. It's because she's not a big eater, and goes very very skinny very very quickly on adult food. In fact, although they would both be greedy for treats, I'm lucky that they self-regulate their weight. I'm always complemented on how fit they are by both the other dog-walkers, and the vets as well, but can't really take the credit. They will leave food in the bowl if they've had enough, so don't put on weight. All the running and playing they do probably helps as well.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the replys i really appreciate it, i think im warming towards jwb im gonna get small bag to see if she likes it and gradually swop from the beta that she is on at the mo.
    can i also ask i read on here that chesse was ok to give as treat for traing etc i have been using cheese and she loves it and is sitting to command in just few days but when i told my mum i used cheese she was "are you ok to use cheese never heard that before" so now shes worried me
    michelle xx
    mummy2millie moo

Post Thanks / Like

I feed my two jwb and they both seem to love it When I got Ziggy back in January this year he came to me on beta puppy food. My friend said there was better foods out there and sugested a few brands.With her being a vet I trusted her and went for Eukanuba to begin with Ziggy hated it with passion then I changed him to jwb and never looked back. Dotty came into our lives two weeks ago and had always been fed Royle Canine but has been fine on jwb.

Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Amber has JWB & loves it.
    Occasionally she'll have Royal Canin, but only if there's some JWB in her bowl too!

Post Thanks / Like

"are you ok to use cheese never heard that before" so now shes worried me

A small piece of cheese is very handy for giving tablets/capsules etc. Just a very thin slice,warm it in your hands and make a ball of it with the meds in the middle - goes down first time every time. I wouldnt give TOO much cheese though, as it contains salt.

Post Thanks / Like

In my humble opinion, Burns is the best food I've ever given my boys. I swear it was this food that brought Charlie back to peak health after the state he was in when I got him.

You can buy it online and it is delivered within days

http://www.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk/

Post Thanks / Like

James Well Beloved for our 3, they seem to enjoy it, and we rarely have any tummy upsets,
    Ryan, Lisa, and Kieran.....our 2 Blenhiem girls Lucy and Megan, Jake the Lab, and the old man of the house...Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for JWB for my two. And I use cheese as a special training treat (recalls mainly) but only in very tiny pieces.
    Jan
    Owned by Rufus (B&T) and Piper (Border Terrier) and in loving memory of 12 years of Toby joy (Tri cavalier) - waiting at the rainbow bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Both mine are on JWB. Alfie was really poorly and used to scratch his tummy he seemed worse with poultry. Vet suggested we try fish. JWB Ocean white fish has cured all scratching and he has such a lovely shiny coat now. I buy the 7.5 kg bags from The Range.
    Yvonne

Mum to Harvey (blenheim) & Alfie (tri)xx

Post Thanks / Like

today we introduce jwb turkey & rice with her beta food and she ate it no probs will introduce bit more ofver next few feeds and also see how her poop is is there any othere sypmtoms i should look out for also er bought her a puppy kong today what sort of things should i put in and please excuse for being silly but how do they stay in .
    millie is settling in really well & sits to command and also gets in her crate to command also in week and half im more than pleased with her
    michelle xx
    mummy2millie moo