Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just so you know!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Just so you know!

On Sunday evening I set this forum so that non-members can only read thread titles but not thread content. Basically I am just having a bit of fun making it more of a hassle for some people to rush to get their little fix of what the pet owners think (I know, it is sad, but some breeders actually LIVE for each new post here! I wish that crowd would spend as much time reading up on breed health information or actually making positive contributions to breed health, but reading discussion boards simply consumes them. Some people lead pretty limited lives, I guess! ).

In case people have checked in without having logged in and thought something was wrong with their User CP settings, this is why you cant get into the threads. You just have to log in. I've kept all the other forums open as usual -- most outside readers are here for the health forums and the Library section and the pictures you all post, so the heavily accessed content is all available.

Mainly I am just having a bit of fun setting up a few hoops to jump through. If people are so desperate to read the site that they have friends forwarding them thread content, that's their business of course. Maybe they need to get a few more activities and interests in their lives, though!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a good idea Karlin Am I right in thinking the Dog & Bone has been off limits to non members for some time?
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear, I've discovered that I am mean enough that I am enjoying the thought annoyed people confronting those new hoops!
    Last edited by Jan Bell; 7th October 2008 at 01:04 PM. Reason: spelling, as usual
    Jan
    Owned by Rufus (B&T) and Piper (Border Terrier) and in loving memory of 12 years of Toby joy (Tri cavalier) - waiting at the rainbow bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I wondered what was happening!! I usually browse through the site when I am at work, but tend not to log in - I thought work had caught on and was blocking me from somehow viewing the threads, that was until I got home tried viewing without logging on and found I had the same problem

Do you need any ideas on how else to have fun with these breeders? I'm sure we can all come up with a suggestion or two
    Sarah

Mum of Rosie (tri)

Post Thanks / Like

Ha Ha Ha I thought it had gone strangely quiet on another forum where certain people love to criticise this one, so knew 'something was up'. Just read this thread and found the reason why. Much amused!!

Post Thanks / Like

I read a comment by Bet on the Dog World notes that said that this site is now "closed" so I was wondering what was going on...
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

What an excellent idea ,sorry i just have to say Stuff Them.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chloe92us View Post
    I read a comment by Bet on the Dog World notes that said that this site is now "closed" so I was wondering what was going on...
    Yes and she said a lot worse than this on Oct 3rd. I have reported it.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I thought work had caught on and was blocking me from somehow viewing the threads,

Yeah, reading CavalierTalk can get you in trouble!

Maybe some of those people will find something better to do with their time then read and fuss over other boards and lists. One of the things I limit here is long discussions of other lists and boards, for a variety of reasons, but one is that they all have the right to choose their own audience and direction. I have made mine very clear since this board was set up and I continue to refer people to the intention and moderating approach of the board. Elsewhere I list several other lists and boards for breeding discussions etc.

I regret to say I have removed one breeder membership as she was offering publicly on another list to email people's forum posts from here to interested breeders, a direct violation of board guidelines and etiquette. Individuals hold copyright to their own posts and I hold copyright to the board overall.

I stress again that my point is not to hide any conversations on a public board -- and I certainly could not be bothered to spend hours screening members -- but do sometimes enjoy playing a game called 'Fun With Board Features' . I bought this board software because it has a lot of powerful features for screening and filtering and managing which come in useful for spam (and some breeder ) accounts.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Pauline, I saw you were beaten up on that site. Were a bunch of comments deleted or something? Wow, they just won't quit, huh?
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson