Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy's, she still won't play

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have a dog who both loves to play AND is a dedicated cuddler?

Sounds like J! He is a cuddler in the morning and would happily sit with me all day if i didn't move but as soon as he has had his tea time meal he will go to his toy bed and get out his squeaky bone or yellow ball to play chase for a while before settling back down for cuddles. He never does this after his morning meal. My doggie is such a creature of habit bless him
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_T View Post

Anyone have a dog who both loves to play AND is a dedicated cuddler?
    That would be my Mika. She loves fetch and will play for hours. She brings her toys and drops them on my lap or foot when she wants to play. If I don't respond, she just keeps repeatedly picking it up and dropping it on me until I play.

Whenever she isn't playing, she wants to be on my lap or at least lying so she is touching me.

She loves both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Some dogs simply don't care to play with toys -- mine don't care much for them so I don't buy them any more. They like chews and kongs and all will play fetch to some degree. Fetch is generally something you, the owner, have to teach. I'd really recommend doing an obedience class so you get a more structured relationship perhaps and can build on that to train her to do some things like play fetch? But keep in mind she may just have no interest in such things and pushing her to do them probably won't get anywhere. Our pyrenees had no interest in toys or balls or anything like that. Jaspar is obsessed with balls but could care less about toys unless it is to catch or fetch them. They are all different just like people.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com