Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep the 'dog' and 'our dog love' out of this

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Keep the 'dog' and 'our dog love' out of this

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/41-carter

Somebody has just posted a long comment that includes...

"Keep the 'dog' and 'our dog love ' out of this and it becomes a much simpler issue"

I don't very often lose my temper, but that statement is just beyond belief

The issue is, and always was, about dogs suffering from SM, and it was my love for this breed that made me feel it was necessary to speak out

This person's comment completely discounts the pain that the dogs can suffer from this serious inherited condition & the cost, emotionally & financially, to their owners

For goodness sake, go and read some of the heartbreaking posts on this forum, and then join the rest of the real world, where it is actually thought that people have a responsibility to the living, breathing, feeling, animals they bring into the world & the owners they sell them to

This cold unfeeling attitude, which discounts the importance of these innocent beautiful dogs & their lives of pain, is exactly why the public is regarding so many cavalier breeders with disbelieve & horror

Margaret C
    Last edited by Margaret C; 11th October 2008 at 05:55 PM.

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I quite agree I've PMed you.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wholeheartedly agree with you Margaret.

Only a cold-hearted person could post something like that.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Well if you do exactly that & think of cavaliers as a brand & puppies as a product that is sold to the public it does become much simpler
    Couldn't agree more! In fact I think it's a most excellent idea.
    Introducing Mri scanning and MVD testing as part of your quality system would reduce the mumber of product fails if you remove them from the product line and do frequent customer follow ups to determine customer satisfaction.
    Then of course you meet a kid like I met this afternoon while exercising Her Majesty Miss Dizz.
    He was about ten or eleven and he came staright up and asked if he could pick her up, that he had dogs just like her at home . So I said Ok!
    I then noticed as she was licking him that he was very tearful so i asked him if he was ok.
    His one year old cavalier was run over and killed during the summer, his second cavalier died from heart problems aged 6 and the other one died "when her brain came out of her skull and her back legs crumpled under her".He said the vet told them 40% of cavaliers had that????
    I asked if he had seem the TV programme pedigree dogs exposed.He hadn't!
    And that is the real cost of sick and damaged dogs,heartbreak for families who had no idea what they were investing in.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I see your points too. But the dogs are in pain. When you have a cavalier with SM you cannot leave out the dog's pain of the equation.

I should add: the dog's pain is a bigger part of the equation.
    Last edited by Cathy Moon; 11th October 2008 at 07:50 PM. Reason: added text
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

When you have a cavalier with SM you cannot leave out the dog's pain of the equation.
    That's the most important thing when everything is taken into consideration.I really don't know what I'd do if Daisy was ever diagnosed.
    I have no idea how I could deal with seeing her in pain.The welfare of the dog is of paramount importance always.That's an undisputable fact.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Moon View Post
    I see your points too. But the dogs are in pain. When you have a cavalier with SM you cannot leave out the dog's pain of the equation.

I should add: the dog's pain is a bigger part of the equation.
    Exactly ,dogs are living creatures who feel pain. & deserve to be treated with care & respect
    But the way things are at the moment more thought is put into creating & buying junk than into creating a living being & that is wrong
    Last edited by AT; 11th October 2008 at 11:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sins View Post
    Then of course you meet a kid like I met this afternoon while exercising Her Majesty Miss Dizz.
    He was about ten or eleven and he came staright up and asked if he could pick her up, that he had dogs just like her at home . So I said Ok!
    I then noticed as she was licking him that he was very tearful so i asked him if he was ok.
    His one year old cavalier was run over and killed during the summer, his second cavalier died from heart problems aged 6 and the other one died "when her brain came out of her skull and her back legs crumpled under her".He said the vet told them 40% of cavaliers had that????
    I asked if he had seem the TV programme pedigree dogs exposed.He hadn't!
    And that is the real cost of sick and damaged dogs,heartbreak for families who had no idea what they were investing in.
    That's really sad, poor boy

Post Thanks / Like

Margaret, unfortunately, some breeders don't actually care about their dog's offspring, just the money it will bring in

I for one am totally appalled at the attitude of Beverly Costello and also (but not surprised) by that of Veronica Hull.

I sincerely hope that the BIS dog never suffers from his SM. I wouldn't wish it on any dog, I've seen too many (including my own) suffer too much already. The heartbreak it brings is unbelievable, as you know from losing your beloved Monty.

Stuff the club and their moronic voters Margaret. You are in the right. Oh and if anyone would like to sue me for my comments on here then please feel free to PM me for the address of my solicitor! :P

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret C View Post
    http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/41-carter

Somebody has just posted a long comment that includes...

"Keep the 'dog' and 'our dog love ' out of this and it becomes a much simpler issue

Margaret C

Well if you do exactly that & think of cavaliers as a brand & puppies as a product that is sold to the public it does become much simpler

if a car manufacturer was making cars with faulty brakes the person responsable would be sacked.
    if they knew about the fault & carried on making them anyway they ( & those who knew & didnt speak out ) would be in serious trouble ( think of all the food & drug scandals over the years aswell)

But for some reason people put more thought into buying a cd player than breeding or buying a dog.

The big difference between a product & dog of course is that dogs are living feeling creatures.

They dont ask to be born & have no choice in were their lives take them so it is up to us to make sure they are happy both physically & mentally.
    Last edited by AT; 11th October 2008 at 06:40 PM.