Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keep the 'dog' and 'our dog love' out of this

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AT View Post
    I've always thought there is a difference between loving the breed & loving the dogs as individuals.
    For some people they love the showing, history ,memorabilia etc & having dogs of that breed around but it doesnt really matter which dogs.

I love my dogs for themselves , I could probably replace them with "prettier" dogs but I would never have that little personality back again.
    I totally agree - both of mine have very different personalities and I wouldn't swap them for the world. In fact over the years all my dogs have been individuals, which is what makes them such lovely pets.

I really couldn't imagine re-homing them unless there were extreme circumstances that meant I couldn't keep them any more. And then I'd have to vet the new homes sooooooo well.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/

Same somebody has posted another long comment that includes...
    'Today because of the AR movement breeders have now been given the burden of being responsible from birth to the grave for every pup they produce.

HMMM, Please tell me this is an exception in thinking and not the rule???
    Julie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavaliercutiepie View Post
    http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/

Same somebody has posted another long comment that includes...
    'Today because of the AR movement breeders have now been given the burden of being responsible from birth to the grave for every pup they produce.

HMMM, Please tell me this is an exception in thinking and not the rule???
    Julie

If I ever had the privilage of having pups they would not be a burden !
    when I did rescue I felt I was responsable for every dog that I dealt with for the rest of its life & I didnt even breed them !