Thread: Late teething?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Late teething?

Hello dear friends, my pup is 4 and a half months old, but he doesn't show any sign of new teeth so far, should i get worried?

Chiara from Italy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm fairly certain that teething starts at about age 5 months.

Check with your vet if you have concerns about it.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Not to worry, Bandit still has all his puppy teeth and he is also 4 and a half months old (born June 3rd)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Teething

mounie you have nothing to be worring about! I have had dogs of nearly a year still getting in adult teeth - but the norm is about 5/6 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Sparky lost most of his at about 5 months - then he had 2 k9 teeth that didnt wanna seem to budge, one dy i noticed one had gone (about 6 1/2 months) & the last hanger on went while i was on honeymoon so he was 71/2 months.
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot, nicki is my first cavalier and i am a pretty anxious mum

Chiara from Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Dublin View Post
    Sparky lost most of his at about 5 months - then he had 2 k9 teeth that didnt wanna seem to budge, one dy i noticed one had gone (about 6 1/2 months) & the last hanger on went while i was on honeymoon so he was 71/2 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Amie is just over 6 months and she has been teething heavily (if that it the term!) for the past month or so. Right now all her adult canines are up and I think they are the last to appear, correct me if I'm wrong.

She still has one of her milk canines, so two teeth are present at the moment, but this was the same for the other 3 canines and they have all come out in the last few weeks. So going to give her some more time to see if this one decides to come out on its own accord before bringing her to the vet.

Also, not sure about others experiences but Amie really hated teething (who would like it I suppose!), she would paw at her face and generally be uncomfortable, but this only really started when her canines started appearing.
    Link to my flickr page with pics of Amie is in my profile, under "Contact Info"