• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Late teething?

mounie

Hello dear friends, my pup is 4 and a half months old, but he doesn't show any sign of new teeth so far, should i get worried?

Chiara from Italy

I'm fairly certain that teething starts at about age 5 months.

Check with your vet if you have concerns about it.(y)

Not to worry, Bandit still has all his puppy teeth and he is also 4 and a half months old (born June 3rd)

Teething

mounie you have nothing to be worring about! I have had dogs of nearly a year still getting in adult teeth - but the norm is about 5/6 months. (y)

Sparky lost most of his at about 5 months - then he had 2 k9 teeth that didnt wanna seem to budge, one dy i noticed one had gone (about 6 1/2 months) & the last hanger on went while i was on honeymoon so he was 71/2 months.

Thanks a lot, nicki is my first cavalier and i am a pretty anxious mum :eek:

Chiara from Italy

Sparky lost most of his at about 5 months - then he had 2 k9 teeth that didnt wanna seem to budge, one dy i noticed one had gone (about 6 1/2 months) & the last hanger on went while i was on honeymoon so he was 71/2 months.

Yep, Amie is just over 6 months and she has been teething heavily (if that it the term!) for the past month or so. Right now all her adult canines are up and I think they are the last to appear, correct me if I'm wrong.

She still has one of her milk canines, so two teeth are present at the moment, but this was the same for the other 3 canines and they have all come out in the last few weeks. So going to give her some more time to see if this one decides to come out on its own accord before bringing her to the vet.

Also, not sure about others experiences but Amie really hated teething (who would like it I suppose!), she would paw at her face and generally be uncomfortable, but this only really started when her canines started appearing.

Back