• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Broken pelvis and hip...

Glad to hear that Andy is making steady progress. My two have a tablespoon of natural bio yoghurt with their dinner every day and that keeps their poop at a softer constituency.

Andy...

Thanks for all your advises! Andy is having a little bit of bio yogurt every morning (sharing my breakfast:rolleyes:) and I'll definitelly try the fish or salmon oil, it can't hurt:) He didn't have any problems since the last visit to the vet, but we're keeping eye on his diet now so I think it's helping.. Even it's still quite difficult to make him eat what he should be eating... And yes, it seems that it would be whole life problem (the poo thing..:(). But with the right diet...
About the accident. We lived in really quite gated estate, there were just few other residents, some of them even didn't have a car and everybody knew Andy so he could be wandering around free. There were maybe three cars passing per day... And it still happened. It had to be somebody who lived there! The vet said the car run over Andy, so they had to know about it and they still left him on the side of the road without help!!!:mad: I'm still really upset about it and this was actually the main reason we've moved to our new house... Now Andy has got his own big gated garden and is safe:)
Now, few photos from today, really tired after long (muscle building;)) walk...
DSC07821.jpg

No signs about scars!!! Just the groving fur on his head and leg...
DSC07819.jpg

What a difference, isn't it? This is my baby after the accident and surgery, just to remind you how badit was and let you admire his progress;)
DSC07603.jpg

DSC07438.jpg

Thanks very much for everything!!!

My heart just melts when i look at them before and after pictures.

Sending big kisses to Andy (and licks from J) and hope he continues to inmprove x:flwr:

Andy...

Hi everybody, just wanted to let you know that Andy is doing great, his progress is steady and he is nearly like he was before accident. The last two things he couldn't do was walk up and down the stairs and jump up the sofa or bed. And quess what? He can do it now:rah: Our bedroom is upstairs and sometimes, when I was just going to change or for quick shover, I left him downstairs with OH. Andy loves him to bits, but when I'm home, he is my shadow all the time, so he HAD TO try and climb up the stairs... He looks quite funny, very carefull like 80 years old granny, one step at time, but he is getting better and better every time he do's it. And nobody can stop him now!:rolleyes: We're getting the stairs covered with carpet soon, because they quite slipery now, so it would be even easier for him them... And you should see him climb up to sofa:D It takes some time to do it, lot of barking and steps back and front, but in the end he gathers the courage and jumps! O.K., he dosn't jump, but with his energy he will. And very soon;) He is so happy that he can do it and I'm so proud of him...
Now... I told you about our new house and this Andy enjoying the underfloor heating and new sofa:)
DSC07731.jpg

DSC07798.jpg

Your new home is beautiful! Andy seems to have taken over the couch.It's good to know he's doing so well
Sins

Ahh bless him. He is a sweet little guy. :luv: I am glad he is doing so much better.

Back