• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Broken pelvis and hip...

Sorry to hear about Andy's terrible accident. Hope you get some good news soon. I'm definitely no expert but I could imagine it to be painful for him to poo or cock his leg with a fractured pelvis. They seem to tilt their pelvis when pooing which is probably painful for him at the moment. Not that he has lost control - just too sore. Wishing Andy the best of luck with his recovery :hug:

Thinking of you and Andy, poor little fella.
Sending Andy:luv: and wishing him a very speedy recovery after this awful accident:flwr::flwr::flwr:.

Andy...

So, Andy had his surgery today. The big news started to come in the morning, vet called, said that Andy made a poo (huray!!!) and the nerves controling the bladder functions seem to be alright, but there is still possibility of damage of the nerves in leg, which would efect the movement. The surgery was scheduled for afternoon, so I was really nervous all day, keeping my fingers crosed even though I was working... It was finish around 5, the vet was happy with the way it went, they didn't find any more problems, just the pelvis and hip, so they've put in some plates and it should keep the bone together. I'm so hoping there will be no more complication, like rejection or infection... And the best news is that if everything will be alright, we can take Andy home on wednesday!!! I can't wait to have him here...
This is picture of Andy after the accident...
DSC07603.jpg

And this is from saturday, when we went for visit. There is a ham in front of him:)
DSC00143.jpg

At least he got though the op
poor little boy in the photos hope he is home on wednesday
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

This is fabulous news, I've been watching the site all day for news!!
If I recall when our Bruce was run over he was doing well after 8 weeks and almost 100% recovered shortly after that.He did need physio for a short while though.(That was almost 30 years ago:eek:)With modern surgical techniques I'm sure Andy will do just fine.
You must be so relieved after such a prolonged ordeal.
Sins

Glad to hear Andy is doing well after surgery. :xfngr: that he continues to improve. Bless him he looks so terrible in the photos and so sorry for himself. J sends lots of get well soon kisses and licks xxx

Poor little fella, he looks so tiny and cute. You must be so worried. My dad was in a very bad car crash once, he had to be cut out of the car. He has pins and springs in his knee and all sorts, he broke bones from his jaw to his feet. He limps a little but has no pain at all. I also had a cat who was shot or bitten by a fox in the leg (the vet couldn't work out what one hold in the leg could be). He had a pin in his leg and was fine. Animals recover better I think because they are not frightened to put pressure on the leg and they build up the muscle soon. Just keep an eye on infection. Hot patches, swelling, weeping, keep an eye out for these.

Last edited:
What excellent news!!! We always get happy about a good poop around here :D I'm so glad he's doing so well. Bet you can't wait to get him home. Give him a little hug for me....little trooper.

Pleased to hear he's through his surgery and you might get him home soon, we'll keep the good vibes coming his way for a full recovery :xfngr:

Brilliant news to hear Andy has pooped, and his waterworks are working:rah: you must be so relieved. Sending you and Andy :luv::flwr::flwr:. I hope he does come home Wednesday :xfngr:.

Brilliant news, you must be so relieved :flwr:
:xfngr: he makes a full recovery and is home with you very soon.

I was so worried opening this thread but eager to see how Andy was doing...so glad the news is good. Give Andy a gentle hug from me and I really hope he recovers with no further problems.

We're sending all of our positive healing thoughts to Andy. I'm glad to hear his surgery went well and he had a poop. I can't wait to hear how he's doing tomorrow! :flwr::flwr::flwr:

Great news! Poor little fella. That first photo, you can see the pain and fear in his eyes. He actually looks better in the second one, at least psychologically!

Back