• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Any News in the National Press re: Margaret C?

I have already had to edit a few of your posts today and now I am removing this last one entirely. These may be personal opinions about the club and individuals and breeders but better to discuss them offline or elsewhere please.

Sorry folks, but I have been clear on this topic before: I will not even consider giving any form of public support to people who breed away outside of any club framework and I do not care whether they MRI every darn dog they own and breed. If they don't care to have a VOTE at important times such as the recent SGM, if they don't bother to elect the national reps to give a real voice for these dogs, if they cut themselves off from news and activities that bring them into active contact with a broad range of breeders and cavaliers -- well, what is the point? Just breeding to make puppy money? What else are they contributing to any broader effort except a few scans to research? You can do that without breeding dogs. :mad:

And if these folks are so committed, why weren't they at any of the SM conferences? Oh -- maybe they didn't know about them because they aren't in the club?

I do not accept that because some people in the clubs do things some do not like, that it follows on that anyone should ever support people who decide to just go off and breed whatever they want for the pet market. How is that different from the oh so nice pet market breeders who say they test this and that? So do all these puppies then get homed with absolutely no ability to keep people from breeding them either? Not even a limited registration? Breeding like this also does nothing to put good genes in circulation. None of the health focused breeders I know will use unregistered dogs regardless of grade so they are lost to the breed as a whole, aren't they?

Can we return to a discussion of the article or related topics please. (y)

Can we return to a discussion of the article or related topics please. (y)

Well, as Karlin has requested......

I have just had a phone call from someone from BBC Three Counties Radio, our Beds, Herts, and Bucks Local Radio. They saw the Sunday Telegraph article & they would like me to talk to their Breakfast Time presenter, Stephen Rhodes.

It seems the programme has already had discussions on the film, but they have only just realised they have someone who was involved living within their area.

It means getting up early ( for me ) as the programme goes out between 7-8am.

At least nobody will know if I am still in my dressing gown.

Margaret C

Good luck Margaret I would love to listen to it I think you are one very special lady
---Aileen and the gang (Barney--Jazzie--Jake)

This is great Margaret, the more people who hear about this the better. You never complain about getting nervous, I couldn't do what you do. (y)

Thats great news to hear Margaret, good luck, I echo what Aileen says you are one special (and brave) lady:flwr::flwr:

Terrific, Margaret, the more that hear the better. Hope you function well in am-not like me who sometimes has to enter password 3 times :eek:

Hi

Do the BBC have any method that you can tune in at a later time to listen as i go to work about 7.30 AM and also not in the catchment area.:(

Don't forget to take deep slow breaths, you can trick your body into being calm. Karlin should give you some tips, she has done this a lot. Write some notes to make sure you say what you want too.

Oh no, I wouldn't dare give Margaret advice after she remained calm at that SGM! :rotfl:

There is a playback feature on the link for the site noted previously.

Back