Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please please please help

Post Thanks / Like

Default please please please help

please help me ive just bathed millie and she was ok but as iwas dring her she jumped of my lap and yellped and started runing round the room she then run in her crate and started jumping up the sides i picked her up and she was shaking really bad i started cradling her saying everything ok but now she wont come near me im crying my eyes out as im sure its me, shes on my lap in her blanket now and shes still shaking please help me what should i do.
    mummy2millie moo

Post Thanks / Like

She may have just pulled a muscle.
    hope she's ok now

Post Thanks / Like

shes still shaking and really quiet im so scared
    mummy2millie moo

Post Thanks / Like

Michelle,

She may just have jarred something herself jumping off of your lap and will recover quickly. If in doubt, phone your vet for advice.

But I have found that if one of my Cavalier's get a minor injury (thorn in the paw is the favourite) they do make a big fuss and look as if they blame me for it. Toby in particular is very good at shivering when he comes out of the bath for ages - it worried me at first but now I have got used to it.

If you put Millie down does she walk ok now? Is she still showing signs of distress? Don't get too upset, it's not your fault, but if in doubt, ring the vet to put your mind at rest.

Let us know how she is.
    Jan
    Owned by Rufus (B&T) and Piper (Border Terrier) and in loving memory of 12 years of Toby joy (Tri cavalier) - waiting at the rainbow bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you show her a favourite treat (food)of hers and see how she reacts?
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I would take her to the vet straight away.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

She's probably shaking because she's cold after her bath; Minnie does this all the time (she has a thick coat) whereas Cara dries really quickly.
    If she goes into her crate then just put a towel or something else over her to keep her warm and leave her be for a while. If she's still not right later on then take her in to the Vet.
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

CALL THE VET!!!!

Rinse her eyes IMMEDIATELY and call the vet and ask for advice. She could have had her eyes damaged if you got soap in them; it could also be pain totally unrelated to the bath. Do not leave her suffering or try to distract her from what is clearly PAIN -- get medical advice right now.

Please: when you are in an emergency like this do NOT post to the board first! -- call your vet FIRST then come here with a question IF the vet feels you do not need to bring your dog in. But please for the sake of your dog never, ever rely on a discussion board when a dog is in pain or behaving oddly and needs medical advice.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

thankyou so much & thankyou jan for letting me speak to you, she is now asleep in her bed ive put blanket over her but i feel awful
    will leave her be & see what shes like when she wakes up.
    michelle
    mummy2millie moo

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Please, CALL THE VET!

Please do not just ignore this as if it did not happen -- something went very wrong as that is not normal behaviour and it sounds like she was hurting while inyour lap if she yelped then and jumped off after. Did you rinse out her eyes? If not get her up and do so to make sure there isn't soap or shampoo residue which could burn her eyes and then call and explain what happened to your vet's office and see if they feel she needs to go in.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com