• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

please please please help

mummy2millie

please help me ive just bathed millie and she was ok but as iwas dring her she jumped of my lap and yellped and started runing round the room she then run in her crate and started jumping up the sides i picked her up and she was shaking really bad i started cradling her saying everything ok but now she wont come near me im crying my eyes out as im sure its me, shes on my lap in her blanket now and shes still shaking please help me what should i do.

Michelle,

She may just have jarred something herself jumping off of your lap and will recover quickly. If in doubt, phone your vet for advice.

But I have found that if one of my Cavalier's get a minor injury (thorn in the paw is the favourite) they do make a big fuss and look as if they blame me for it. Toby in particular is very good at shivering when he comes out of the bath for ages - it worried me at first but now I have got used to it.

If you put Millie down does she walk ok now? Is she still showing signs of distress? Don't get too upset, it's not your fault, but if in doubt, ring the vet to put your mind at rest.

Let us know how she is.

She's probably shaking because she's cold after her bath; Minnie does this all the time (she has a thick coat) whereas Cara dries really quickly.
If she goes into her crate then just put a towel or something else over her to keep her warm and leave her be for a while. If she's still not right later on then take her in to the Vet. :hug::hug:

CALL THE VET!!!!

Rinse her eyes IMMEDIATELY and call the vet and ask for advice. She could have had her eyes damaged if you got soap in them; it could also be pain totally unrelated to the bath. Do not leave her suffering or try to distract her from what is clearly PAIN -- get medical advice right now.

Please: when you are in an emergency like this do NOT post to the board first! -- call your vet FIRST then come here with a question IF the vet feels you do not need to bring your dog in. But please for the sake of your dog never, ever rely on a discussion board when a dog is in pain or behaving oddly and needs medical advice.

thankyou so much & thankyou jan for letting me speak to you, she is now asleep in her bed ive put blanket over her but i feel awful:(
will leave her be & see what shes like when she wakes up.
michelle

Please, CALL THE VET!

Please do not just ignore this as if it did not happen -- something went very wrong as that is not normal behaviour and it sounds like she was hurting while inyour lap if she yelped then and jumped off after. Did you rinse out her eyes? If not get her up and do so to make sure there isn't soap or shampoo residue which could burn her eyes and then call and explain what happened to your vet's office and see if they feel she needs to go in.

Please call the vet. This happened to J a couple of years ago, he jumped off my mams knee and jarred himself. I have never heard a yelp like it and he was shivering and cowering under the table. I took him to the vet and she examined him all over and listened to his heart and lungs and he was clear and the vet said he had just jarred himself when he landed but i am glad i went straight to the vet just for the assurance that he was fine.
Dogs hide pain quite well so if she is yelping and shivering she is suffering and in pain. Please take her to the vet. :xfngr: that everything is ok.

How is Millie this evening?? Its awful when they cant tell you whats wrong. Please let us know how she is.

Definitely call and take her to the vet.

The second puppy I ever owned (not a cavalier) once squirmed out of my arms and fell to the ground. I called the vet, rushed her in, and insisted they take an x-ray of the leg she was holding up.

Back