Thread: Safety for your Cavalier & You

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Question Safety for your Cavalier & You

As the long winter nights are fast approaching.

How do you keep - your and you - safe - whilst walking at night

For some folk - living in remote locations - the need for visibility is essential - so what do you suggest

Post Thanks / Like

We live in a village but where I take my dogs for a walk at night is plenty of street lighting. My Rosie & Eboney both have got a flashing collar, and I wear my bright red/orange fleece.

Sabby

Post Thanks / Like

Alex wears a puplight that is a light on it's own collar that is adjustable to where you want it to shine. We have dark streets and very little streetlights. This light bouncing around as he walks makes all of the cars slow down as they usually don't know what it is that low to the ground. We always walk towards traffic so he can be seen. It works extremely well.

Jane, mom to Alex

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a couple of flashing collars too - I did try the normal reflective collar but it seems to get hidden under Rufus' fur so can't be seen. I've also got dog coats from Gillrugs that have reflective strips sewn onto them.
    Jan
    Owned by Rufus (B&T) and Piper (Border Terrier) and in loving memory of 12 years of Toby joy (Tri cavalier) - waiting at the rainbow bridge.