• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Safety for your Cavalier & You

islewriter

As the long winter nights are fast approaching.

How do you keep - your cavtiny and you - safe - whilst walking at night:confused:

For some folk - living in remote locations - the need for visibility is essential - so what do you suggest:)

We live in a village but where I take my dogs for a walk at night is plenty of street lighting. My Rosie & Eboney both have got a flashing collar, and I wear my bright red/orange fleece.

Sabby

Alex wears a puplight that is a light on it's own collar that is adjustable to where you want it to shine. We have dark streets and very little streetlights. This light bouncing around as he walks makes all of the cars slow down as they usually don't know what it is that low to the ground. We always walk towards traffic so he can be seen. It works extremely well.

Jane, mom to Alex

I've got a couple of flashing collars too - I did try the normal reflective collar but it seems to get hidden under Rufus' fur so can't be seen. I've also got dog coats from Gillrugs that have reflective strips sewn onto them.

Back