• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Body cream, hand cream etc

sugarkane74

My cav Star has this habit of going into a licking frenzy whenever I have used any kind of body/hand/foot cream. She's very licky anyway but goes mad when I've used any kind of cream. I've just got back from having a manicure and she's gone into a frenzy licking my arms coz of the moisturising cream the beautician used.

Does anyone else's little cav do this or is mine just a bit daft? :confused:

Kingston does this all the time. However, I discourage him from licking lotion because I don't know if the ingredients could be harmful.

I wouldn't allow a dog to lick hand cream etc off hands and arms. These are full of chemicals and are not going to be good for the dog and could even be very risky. Just check the list of chemicals. Even the lotions with plant additives etc could be risky-- what is OK for humans to ingest is in many cases fatal for dogs. Best to not allow this.

Yea Murphy will go crazy if I mosturise, use make-up remover or anti-septi cream, I nomally have to fend him off. He also tries to lick you when you come out the bath or shower.

My Jato loves all the lotions/creams/gels too. He also likes the smell of lip gloss, chapstick, etc. that my daughter and her friends use. Glad to hear there are other Cavaliers that like good smelling humans too!!! b*n*n*

My cav does the licking after I get out the bath/shower too!

Shall have to be a bit firmer with her if she tries it after I've used all my lotions and potions!

Is it still a problem if the lotions'n'potions have been thoroughly absorbed and it's just the smell that's attracting the dog? Obviously not good to lick the actual cream, but if it's been absorbed/ rubbed in?

Back