• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What are you feeding your

Jasper is on Merrick Grammy's Pot Pie. He's a VERY finicky eater, and this is the only dog food he'll eat. I don't know if Merrick is found outside the States.

He also gets some boiled chicken or bacon added to his food occasionally, along with some fresh blueberries or apples, which he loves. He eats a lot better when he has something tasty added to it. We try not to give him "table food," but with two boys around, he does get the occasional bite. I caught my husband sharing his morning cinnamon roll with Jasper just yesterday! :rolleyes:

The one thing Jasper goes absolutely crazy for is popcorn. He'll practically attack the boys when they're eating it, so he gets a few bites of that along and along. We put peanut butter in his kong, and he loves that. He also likes cheese.

He also gets organic dog biscuits that have added vitamins, and he gets "Dental Chew" bones a couple of times a week.

Lori

Wow - I feel like a very bad mammy now, after reading all the stuff your guys get! My cav cross gets Royal Canin - she's a fussy eater so I often add something to her dinner - plain chicken (her favourite), tuna, or some caeser wet food - just to make it interesting. Our retriever is on royal canin too, but we're having to move up to the mobility support diet with him now, as he has hip dysplasia, and is very uncomfortable since the weather has gone cold.

I'm going out to get some shredded wheat tonight too - fantastic tip!!! (y)

I like to rotate between Royal Canin and James Wellbeloved kibble, they are currently working their way through a bag of Ocean fish JWB. I usually add veggies, mine love beans, peas and carrots, and sometimes sardines or a bit of steamed white fish, and sometimes I make up a meat and veggie stew for them, they love homemade stew:)

Treats are fish rolls, sea jerky, sea biscuits, and tripe sticks:yuk:, they love rolling in these too:rolleyes:
and during training, teeney tiny pieces of cheese or hotdog.

I tend to give my lot a "Weetabix" biscuit 3/4 times a week to get the glands drained, sometimes everyday for a while if they have been scooting.

One of our dogs lived to over 15 and he only ever ate weetabix and lightly fried steak mince.

Chocolate gets Wellness Super5 Mix Lamb & Rice
Geordie gets California Natural Lamb & Rice
India gets Nature's Variety Prairie Venison & Millet

They all get small bits of carrot, green beans, peas, green pepper, lettuce, orange, banana, pear, apple, cantaloupe melon whenever we are cutting something up.

Sometimes I change them to Nature's Variety Frozen Raw Lamb or Rabbit for a meal or two.

Their diets are working perfectly for each them; however, India may be put on a special allergy diet that is based on kangaroo protein for 8 weeks or so. I think she is allergic to Epi-otic ear cleaner, but she may possibly be allergic to the small amount of chicken liver in her Venison kibble. Her ears are fine since I stopped using Epi-otic, and everything else (eyes, yeast) is fine since chicken was eliminated from her diet (except for the small amount in the Venison kibble).

One of our dogs lived to over 15 and he only ever ate weetabix and lightly fried steak mince.

When we got our fist dog 19 years ago (a golden retriever) his breeder told us to feed him on just weetabix & raw beef mince - we did it for a while - then he seemed to have allergies against red meat protien & went onto chicken & trips mince (forthglade) - he llived to 15 on that

Back