• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My cav's being spayed on thursday

sugarkane74

but I think she's coming into season. :(

Our male dog has started paying her loads of attention round her 'nether regions' tonight and tried to mount her a couple of times. I've no idea what signs to look for in a bitch so am thinking it's either her time or he's being very frisky.

I've put her pen back up so he can't get to her overnight and am going to phone the vets for advice in the morning but am worried because she's got an umbilical hernia that they were going to fix at the same time but if she's in season they'll both have to be postponed.

yeah they will have to postpone it!! if she is in season i would not leave them in the same room if he is not fixed as he will do everything in his power to get at her, pen or no pen!!

My vet says to spay 3 months after season, or the female may have problems with phantom pregnancies due to hormone imbalance.

Thanks everyone. Phoned the vet this morning and she said to bring her in as planned and they'll be able to tell if she's in season or not. They asked if she's leaving any discharge at all which she isn't.

Would our male dog be able to get in the pen then? It's quite high and I didn't think he'd be able to jump it. If that's the case she'll have to sleep with us upstairs despite my husband saying no! ;)

Only last night I read about a dog who was crated, tried to get at a female by popping his bits through the gaps in the wires, they swelled up and he was stuck. They had to call the fire bragade!!

what i have being always told is that if a bitch is in season a dog will do everything in his power to get at her when she is in season, as pauline story shows!

Only last night I read about a dog who was crated, tried to get at a female by popping his bits through the gaps in the wires, they swelled up and he was stuck. They had to call the fire bragade!!

Ouch!!! Will def tell hubby about that one then!

Took your advice and we bought her basket upstairs to our bedroom last night just in case. I thought we'd have trouble getting her to stay in her basket but she was good as gold and went in there straight away and was fast asleep..... or so I thought!

Woke up at 4.30 am only to discover she'd got into bed with us and was under the covers fast asleep by my side. :eek: I didn't feel a thing! My husband thinks she was waiting for me to fall into a deep sleep then made her move! Devious little thing! :lotsaluv:

Back