• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

advice please

Aileen

we have had Jake a while and wonder if any one has had anything like this Jake suddenly charges from the little sweet dog into a dog that will bite and just has suddenly comes back he attacks his own feet with bittig them that if your hands were in the way it would hurt you he comes round has if he has had a fit not knowing were he is for a while
the other thing is that behind his ears is tender and down his back has well
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

Hi Aileen

not sure if this helps but it does sound like it could be 'rage syndrome'

http://members.lycos.co.uk/ragesyndromeinfo/whatisrage.htm

Sudden attacks for no apparent reason; the dog will often be sleeping and then attack without warning. The eyes become dilated and sometimes change colour during and after an attack, the dog is totally confused when attacking and will not respond to any attempts to stop it. The attacks are very unpredictable and the dog will often appear disorientated afterward and unaware of it's actions, then return to it's normal self shortly after. Victims are usually members of the family and due to the lack of warning from the dog, suffer from a flesh wound that will need medical attention.

I did wonder about that I have never had a dog like Jake but will get him to the vets asap
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

Aileen, that is a little spooky. I wouldn't know. Like the others here, I think the vet is in order. I'd try to catch it on video (I know that would be hard to do, but maybe have a little digicam with video feature close by) and show your vet.

Back