• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Yelping/crying after spaying

sugarkane74

Since I bought Star home she's yelped about 3 times. I phoned the vets and they had given her painkillers and I've got Metacalm for her but can't give her any til the morning.

Told them about the yelping and they said it is quite common as it will feel tight in the area where the stitching is which she won't be used to. Did anyone else have thiis and is there anything else I could do for her? It is when she has moved about in her basket but breaks my heart to hear her like it. :(

It is a major operation so she's bound to feel sore. she will feel better in a few days.

I had one who came out of the vet screaming ( they didnt believe in pain relief) but she was ok after a few days

It is a major operation so she's bound to feel sore. she will feel better in a few days.

I had one who came out of the vet screaming ( they didnt believe in pain relief) but she was ok after a few days

Thank you.. my husband said it's also probs because she has no idea why she is in pain. She's had a little of the food the vets gave me (hand fed it to her though) :eek: and I've boiled up some chicken and rice for the morning so she can have that with her painkiller.

poor star,

im sure she'll be ok. i got honey done 3 weeks now, she was fine, few little yelps, but didnt stop her bouncing about. shes great now, can hardly see the scar. kisses sent for star xxxxxxxxxxxx:luv:

I know how upset you must feel. It broke my heart to see India in pain when she was spayed years ago, and she had pain meds. I slept on the kitchen floor by her pen for 2 nights with my sleeping bag and camping mattress. She ended up curled against me all night, so I was her heating pad. I think that helped her feel better.

Your little one will feel better in just a few days. :flwr:

Star slept in the bedroom with us last night. Put the collar thing on the vet gave me but at about 2 am she was whining so took it off and she tried to jump on the bed also picked her up and she slept there with us the rest of the night.

Have given her her painkillers this morning but not sure how long it takes for them to kick in. She's yelped a few times and had a bit of a freak out and has settled back in her bed. Not sure whether to phone the vet and ask if theres anything else I can give her to take the edge off. When she has a little freak out it's like she's trying to run away from the pain :(

On a good note, she's drank some water and ate some food and also had a little wee outside coz I was worried last night as she didn't drink any water at all and did no toilets.

Hi
Had all my three girls done in the last 12 months and they all reacted differently poor Daisy all she wanted to do was sit on my knee and they all went upstairs and slept in a fabric crate right by my bedside .They all whimpered and cried occasionally probably with the stitches pulling on them but they all do recover quickly over a few days so all will be fine.

Back