• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

tasha

Super Princess

10 years ago, when my Grandpa retired, the family desided he needed company when he was home alone all day.
We brought Tasha home to him.
Tasha was a collieX, a funny little girl.
She was my grandpas bestfriend..my grandmas little girl.
years ago..she was having issues with her tail. Grandpa had talked with the vet, who said she might loose it. one day my little cousin was playing with her..and all of a sudden...he was holding a piece of the tail in his hand..and she was across the room.
Grandpa says the look on my cousins face was priceless.

When Grandpa and grandpa would go away, id go a block over and stay at their house to keep tasha company. She got very nervous when they were to leave.
she would sleep on my bed, and bark every now and then at someone walking by..which would scare the heck outa me everytime. coming from a house where my pup dosn't bark..at anythign but his own reflection in the sliding glass door.

Two weeks ago, tasha's appitite changed. Grandpa and grandpa tried her on all sorts of different dog food..with recomendationns from the vet . she was eating less and less, and outa desperation to get SOMETHING into her..they started cooking her human food..all healthy of course.. things that over the years they discoverd she had a taste for. (cheerios...carrots..tiny bits of meat) but even that she turned up her nose to.

Grandma and grandpa went away for the night on sunday. they left me with lots of detaild instructions and different types of food.
she only ate a handful of pieces of steak.
that was her last meal.

Grandpa made a vet apointment, and took her in yesterday. She was rushed to hospital shortly after where they put her on an IV for nutrition. they discoverd her lymph nodes were swollen all over her body, her throat was swollen.
There was a good chance it was cancer. I phoned grandpa this afternoon on my break to see how she was doing.
he sounded very choked up..
if you know my grandpa..you know he dosn't cry. The only time anyone in our entire family has seen him cry was last year when we had a near death experiance with my cousin last year.
he told me they had to put tasha to sleep this afternoon. He couldnt say anymore ..i could tell he was crying.

tasha sweetie..you were such a good dog. we love you..rest in peace baby.

Thanks for the reply.
It's been a hard couple days.

I gave them space on Thursday..but knew i had to go visit them on friday.
Even just driving over there i was crying thinking of them.
managed to make myself presentible by the time i got there.
knocked on the door..it was strange to not hear tasha raceing grandpa/grandma to the door.
grandpa let me in..and first thing i noticed was their usually clean house..was EXTRA SUPER clean.
he spent the entire day cleaning.
I went into the living room where grandma was waiting and she stood up and pulled me into a hug..and we both lost it lol.
spent the rst of the visit going over the details and recalling back. Tasha must have been living for a while with this before she stopped eating properly. She just was very good at hideing her pain. she would often leave the rooma nd go lie down somewhere on her own..or we'd find her hideing behind a chair.
sometimes when just petting her gently shed yalp. something we shrugged off..but now look back and understand.
very brave doggy.

When they first told me that she'd stopped eating proplerly all the bells went off in my head and my first thought was cancer.
they tried everythign they could to help her to eat before takeing her in and getting the tragic news.

i think this is especially hard on them because they've never owned a pet..except for crabby gabby (budgie) who also got put down from cancer.
they've never experianced the love and loss like tasha.

I am so sad to hear about Tasha, it is obvious how much she was loved and will be so sadly missed. My thoughts are with you and obviously you grandma and grandpa at this very very sad time. :hug:

i am so sorry about your lost.
your grandparents are very lucky to have you around and support them though the hard times.

Oh that's just so sad :( I'm so sorry for your loss :hug:please tell your Grandparents that we are thinking of them at this very sad time. Hugs to you too :hug:

I am so sorry for the loss of Tasha. I am sure it is a comfort to your grandparents to have you to share the memories of Tasha and her loss with.
Hugs to you all during this time of grief.

Im so sorry to hear about Tasha - I hope your Grandparents are coping somehow with the loss, they must be just heartbroken.
Thinnking of you all :hug: Sleep sweetly Tasha :flwr:

I'm so sorry to hear of this very sad loss. I've recently lost my beloved dog. He got cancer too - it was very sudden.

It takes time to heal, and my heart is broken. This I know is true, I wouldn't have been without my lovely Bailey. We had 12 years of mutual devotion - and when I'm feeling particularly low and tearful I remind myself that it really is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Mary

they got the biopsy results back yesterday..and it confirmed that my grandpa made the right decision..which gives him some comfort.
she had the worst kind of cancer a dog can get...and i cant remember the name.
very aggressive form.

my moms takeing my grandpa out to a hockey game tonight..so thats good.

thanks for all your thoughts and words of comfort :)

I am sorry to read about losing Tasha, and knowing how hard it is your your grandparents. I am thinking of you.

Back