Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does your cavalier talk to you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

yup! my too are talkers too
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

Jake is a talk too he does a gowl noise not a nasty gowl but when he is asking for something a bark when we go out and a bark if I go out without him when I come back Jazzie my old dog also bark when I come back has well
    Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)
    Cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky& Sam
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference.Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Rex 'sings' to me when I give him cuddles
    Its the cutest thing ever and I think he's even starting to recognise the phrase 'sing me a song' because when I say this he whimpers/cries even more - it melts me every time..
    Mam to Millie, Chloe & Rex
    Baby boy Jack (waiting at the bridge) xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Goodness yes!!! My breeder informed me at about 6 weeks that I had a talker. And boy do I!! Jake is very vocal. Shelby completely the opposite. She's as quiet as a mouse but will "speak up" when Jake starts talking. And boy is he demanding!! And persistent
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Haha ,it´s lovely to hear that mine is not the only one using her mouth
    they are so funny and its´really sweet

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that they have the cutest vocalizations. All my dogs are real talkers, but there is just something about the way cavs do it.

Around here, Bandit will "say something" and all of us in a chorus will go "awwww, how cute!" and then, of course Bandit gets what he wants....

Post Thanks / Like

Dottie is quiet as a mouse. She saves her short set of barkies for the neighbor cat that taunts her from the top of the fence. When she is inside with me and she wants something, she just does the paw thing, then sits and STARES at me and waits for me to go through the list of things she might be interested in at the moment. Such as, cookie time, tummy rub or tug-of-war with her halloween bat toy.

My sisters Aussie terrier on the other hand could have a full dog conversation with us and you can just imagine what he is trying to tell you!
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear

Post Thanks / Like

If Scarlett is looking at you and you say something to her she barks at you as if shes frustrated you cant understand her! and sometimes if you bark at her she copies the bark your doing its amazing!
    Proud mummy of Scarlett!

Post Thanks / Like

OMG! So funny! Charlie likes to talk too. He especially does it with my husband. He does a little jump and does this bark (woo,woo, woo sound) and stares at you while doing it. My husband copies him and they go at it for a while, it's hysterical to watch them.

And this coming from a man who didn't want a dog in the first place! LOL!!!
    Sandy (me) Charlie (Blenheim - born 7/1/07) Lucy (Tri-Color - born - 9/15/08 )

Post Thanks / Like

I know how you guys feel,your little poody talking to you,Alex loves when Michael comes home from work he yelps at him and barks at him to play hide and seek with each other,its so funny,yet if Alex doesnt get any feedback from Michael he barks and shouts at him,while he nibbles at his toes,ie,Im ready for action Mam,its playtime now.....
    Mam to Alex our 14mth old blenheim