• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pet Portraits

cy1266

I'm taking the boys to get a professional picture taken this Saturday :snap:I've never doner this before - does anyone have any advice on how to get the best picture? I'm a little worried since there will be 2 of them and they're so squirrely, so I'm planning on bringing a few toys and of course treats to distract them. I've seen some beautiful pictures from other members in the past...what's the secret to getting a great picture???

Thanks!!!

I got Ollie's done when he was 4 months old. Because he was only learning "sit" it took a lot of treats to get him to stay in one place, but Maria (who's a cavtalk member) was great and she got some lovely shots of him :p

I'm taking the boys to get a professional picture taken this Saturday :snap:I've never doner this before - does anyone have any advice on how to get the best picture? I'm a little worried since there will be 2 of them and they're so squirrely, so I'm planning on bringing a few toys and of course treats to distract them. I've seen some beautiful pictures from other members in the past...what's the secret to getting a great picture???

Thanks!!!

How exciting - can't wait to see the pictures Carrie - though I don't know why you are going to a professional as your pictures are fab anyway:)

How exciting - can't wait to see the pictures Carrie - though I don't know why you are going to a professional as your pictures are fab anyway:)

:lol: Thanks! I actually got a coupon in the mail that expires this Saturday for a free sitting and 8x10 picture, so I figured I might as well use it! I wasn't sure if the coupon was good for pet portraits but I called and it is - YAY! :D I'm going to bathe them that morning and hope they dry nice and pretty. I just ordered the Groomers shampoo/conditioner/spray, and :xfngr: it arrives by Friday so I can use it!!! I just hope that they behave, they're a little spazzy sometimes when they're out of their normal environment :rolleyes: I don't think I'll get a digital copy, but I'll try to take a picture of the picture and post it...if it's good!

Have fun Carrie! I hope they come out as good as your own photos!
I love you cavalier photographs. You are very talented yourself!

What fun!!! I hope the boys behave themselves for you. If the photo comes out good, maybe you could use it for your holiday cards. :snap: Please post a copy of it for us to see. Good Luck!

Hi ,
I'm a photographer and have afew little tips for you before your session saturday .
A walk before you go to the studio is a great idea to tire them out a little somewhere clean and dry to keep them clean so a bath wont have to be fit into the schedule , bring treats that aren't messy ie not crumbly biscuits , I learnt that the hard way having crumbs on the dogs mouths . A treat you can break up small is great .
Its a great idea to bring someone they know with you , one of you to help with the positioning of each dog .
Bring a slicker brush if the fur needs a brush .
Noises I have found get the best response from the doggies , usually ones they are not familiar with . Not too loud they will be nervous , its a good idea to make sure the Studio is cold too , they tend to put their tongues out alot if hot or nervous , I try to eliminate the hot and deal with the nervous part by having their Mommy very close .
And practice Sit between now and Saturday.
Most importantly enjoy the session and hope you get some beautiful photographs
Mimi

Thanks everyone! I'll try to post the picture on here...

Mimi, THANK YOU for all of the tips! I went online to try to find tips but couldn't find much, and your were so helpful! I didn't think about a walk, that's a good idea since I'll need them to be tired/calm. Good point about not bringing crumbly treats - never thought about crumbs on their mouths :rolleyes: I'll definitely bring a brush and maybe something that makes a weird noise - because I love when they tilit their heads in pictures :)

We had our dogs piccies done before from Tracy @ Petography (www.petography.ie) she came to our house which was great. It was so worth it and I still love looking at them they came in a gorgeous frame and were really reasonable too. I'm sure you'll have a great day!!! We used treats, toys etc the photographer should be able to help and know if its just too much for the dogs. Jodie was trick acting on the day and as ye can see wouldn't sit on the backdrop but they are actually my fav of her as if I'd have forced her to sit on it she'd prob look miserable anway :) so my biggest tip is just not to stress!
Here some of our photo's :p I wanted really simple black & white ones and was delighted with these. I'll warn ye - it was harder to chose the dogs pictures then our wedding ones lol

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0301.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

Hi

Just about 12 months ago when Rosie finished her Good Puppy course a professional photographer visited and took some photos as below and then I decided as a keep sake to commision a lady artist to do a painting of the group photo, this all when this happened Poppy ( Tri )was 17 months Daisy (Blen )was 11

months and Rosie (Ruby ) just 5 months

And the painting

Wow, what beautiful pictures CavCross and Brian! I love the painting too, I thought it was a picture at first, it looks exactly like your girls! The b/w shots are amazing and so artistic...I hope to get a few good shots, thanks for the tips everyone, I'll post them next week!

Back