• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Does anyone know where to find...

CVFlagg

My littlest one has been having hip problems and the surgical vet does not want to do surgery unless absolutely necessary since we are probably looking at a total hip replacement if we go that route. We are working with a physical therapist and she suggested getting stickers that you can put on the pads of their feet to help him gain more traction on the woods floors. Unfortuantely there is not an inch of carpet in my house and we are hoping to help him avoid slipping and sliding and possible knocking the hip out again. I have searched on the web but don't really know what exactly you would call them and "dog stickers" is not doing the trick! Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

I remember reading a recent post about someone on this board applying a wax or cream to their dogs feet and it helped with the issue of sliding on wood floors. For some reason I thought it was Cathy M, but I'm not sure...does anyone else remember this post? It sounds like there is a product out there that would accomplish what you're looking to do, now if I could only remember who wrote about it! :rolleyes:

I found it! I put my office manager on the case too and she can find anything. There are pads and wax so I am going to order both and let him decide which he prefers. Thanks again!

We have a lot of wood floors and our little one charges around on them like something posessed! I bought the pad wax as I was so concerned that she may cause herself an injury. Unfortunately I barely noticed any difference and gave up using it. I just ended up putting plenty of rugs on the floors, but I must say, I was really disappointed that the wax didn't work. If you have more luck with it than I did, please let me know :p

I have wood floors too! I tried the wax, I think it was called Musher's wax. Anyway, it really didn't work for me either. At least I didn't see any difference.

Charlie is usually laying on me when I'm at home, but it would be nice to get him something when he wants to run around.

Keep us posted on the paw pads. :) Those look interesting. I hope it works!

I'd be interested in the wax if anyone can post a link for me please. Dylan never slipped on our floors even when running around until recently.

It's important to clip the hair that grows between their pads - clip it short, and to keep nails trimmed short. This combined with the paw wax should help. Here is the paw wax I use:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754374

Also, you can put down those rubbery mats that hold throw rugs in place. I buy the ones for a large area rug and cut into 24 inch wide strips. All of these things worked for Charlie, who was very handicapped.

Last edited:
I am going to get wax and the rug pads tomorrow. Poor thing popped his hip out again tonight which really concerns me since it is now happening more frequently. I am going to really delve into the physical therapy tomorrow and am going to make an appointment for him to go to the surgery center to walk on the under water treadmill. He is really just the sweetest dog and is only 3 that I have to do everything I can before resorting to surgery. He is a rescue and came from a very bad situation and has had many health problems, allergies, anxiety, eye issues, that I want to try everything I can before putting him through the stress of surgery.

If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, please send them my way. Thanks!

Back