Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Year Old Cavalier King Charles Brothers, Forever or Foster home required

Post Thanks / Like

Default 10 Year Old Cavalier King Charles Brothers, Forever or Foster home required

10 Year Old Cavalier King Charles Brothers Dogpages link

http://www.hwanimalrescue.org/

not sure where these dogs are as the original poster is based in St Albans

We are looking for a foster or forever home for 2 little CKC brothers. They are apparently in good health, have just had their boosters, but are recently bereaved and in need of a new lap or fireside as soon as possible. We will be looking for a forever home for them, but if you think you could foster them for us in the meantime we would live to hear from you. We would prefer not to bring these two little gentlemen into kennels if possible.

Please pm me is you think you are interested in homing them, or can help with fostering them in the shorter term. Will get some photos of them when we can.

Thanks
    Following the death of their owner, these little lads have been living on their own for last 7 months with just someone popping in to feed them. Can anyone offer them a cosy lap and a fireside of their own.
    The boys havent been neutered yet, they are up to date with their vaccinations. They have only lived a quiet life with an elderly person so not used to kids or other dogs rushing about.
    They urgently need to be out of their current situation. We are quite happy to place them in a lifetime foster home
    Davy, SiānE&Ella
    & sometimes Cassie the cocker AKA 'the black shadow''

~Blind Dogs See With Their Hearts♥~
    My cavalier not spoilt...I'm just well trained!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh, how sad -- I hope they can find a new home.

I hope they aren't really going to neuter 10 years old dogs though-- surely there's little need. I hope their vets advise against this unless there are health reasons to do so at this point.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    I hope they aren't really going to neuter 10 years old dogs though-- surely there's little need. I hope their vets advise against this unless there are health reasons to do so at this point.
    My thoughts entirely! Surely a male dog household is the better option.
    Briar, Jack, Berry and coeliac cocker Bracken foster cockers Rowan and puppy Simba

"Spaniels In Need"
    (a 'not for profit' rescue organisation)

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if they would be alright with us
    ---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)
    Cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky& Sam
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference.Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

That's heartbreaking to read that they've been living on their own. Someone must be able to give them a home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well Aileen you'll only find out by trying!

I will give a reference if they would like one.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Poor lads .

Kevin came to us when he'd been bereaved. He and his companion had been 'home alone' for 3 weeks, with relatives calling every day to see to them.

Kevin came into our home, sat in the corner and fell asleep - 2 years ago. He is currently loudly demanding another dinner! His companion is a very spoilt member of a 4-cavalier family locally .

I hope these 2 boys are as lucky as Kevin & Ben. Aileen, I think you have the perfect experience and all the love to give those 2 furbabes - good luck.
    Proud member of The Spaniel Trust - putting the trust back into spaniels.
    A Charity registered in Scotland SC038987

Post Thanks / Like

Oh how sad. Our Mindy is 10 as well so this strikes a chord with me. I hope they can find a home together soon.

Post Thanks / Like

After an email and a phone call last night, I am hoping against hope that these two little boys will be rehomed with us.
    Please keep your fingers crossed for us - and them - and hope they can soon be snuggled up here forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic Annie, do let us know how you get on, these two have been playing on my mind since I read about them. Good on you, thank you so much for trying.