• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cailean Needs Your Positive Thoughts

misty

His MVD has taken a turn for the worse and his breathing is laboured and his cough is persistent.

We have an emergency appointment at 4.30 at the vets; in the meantime he's laying on my lap.

Please think of him and pray that my gorgeous lad gets to have some more fun before he goes to meet his dad, Declan.

Your are in my thoughts, hope the vet can make Cailean comfortable. :xfngr: It is so hard to see them having problems with their breathing.

Thinking of Cailean, and sending loads of positive thoughts.
I hope the vet will make Cailean more comfortable, and he is back to his old self :hug:

He's back home with me, but the vet think he has a respiratory infection :(.

He's on anti-b's and not very well at all at the moment. Seeing the vet again on Monday.
Going to be spending lots of time cuddling Cailean this weekend.

Thanks everyone.

Positive Thoughts are with you all - throughout the weekend :luv:

He has a wonderful mummy for plenty fo tlc - a good therapy when feeling ill

Sending Cailean positive thoughts , hoping he feels a bit better by the time he goes back to the vets on Monday.

Sorry to hear he is having a hard time, Fran; if it's a respiratory infection it should clear pretty fast with the antibiotics so with luck he will be a much happier boy very quickly. I hope he is doing a lot better by tomorrow evening. :flwr:

Sorry to hear he is having a hard time, Fran; if it's a respiratory infection it should clear pretty fast with the antibiotics so with luck he will be a much happier boy very quickly. I hope he is doing a lot better by tomorrow evening. :flwr:

I think he's a little brighter, 3 hours or so after his 1st antibiotics. It's just a matter of watching him at the moment - we've had to lift him upright a couple of times to help him breathe. I will be a bit more confident by tomorrow evening, if all is still ok :)

He did have a situation like this before - the antib's actually improved his 'normal' cough and I was able to persuade the vet to keep him on them for a few weeks. I've read on an MVD list that antibiotics may help with advanced MVD, but I don't think they know why?

All I can say is that I will do what's right by him.

Sorry I missed this. Fran, I hope Cailean is feeling a lot better this morning. Will keep him and you in my prayers. Give him a gentle kiss from me and the girls :hug::hug::hug:

It was a tough night for Cailean (and me & OH!) and I sat up with him a lot, helping him sit up when he started coughing incessantly.

Fingers crossed, I think the antibiotics ARE kicking in. Cailean and I got up at 8 am and we came downstairs and sat on the sofa together, where he finally settled for a sleep on a pillow next to me and he slept for 2 1/2 hours :).

Now his tail is back up and wagging, and he's even managed a bit of counter-surfing this afternoon.

In the dead of night, I was imagining I would be at the vets with him this morning, but for now at least, things have picked up :).

Thanks everyone for caring about my precious lad :) x

I feel a bit better for the nap I've just had too ;)

Hi

Lots and Lots of Best Wishes and thoughts from us all to Cailean ,I am sure he will get better:flwr:

Back