• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier Christmas Card Shoot Today

Mimi

Hi ,
I spent a wonderful afternoon with Jasper , Leo , Lily and Lucy oh and Karlin of course .
We were shooting for ICKCS Rescue Christmas Cards .
Karlin you have 4 beautiful doggies . I got lots of Cavalier Kisses , and lots of beautiful photographs for the christmas cards . I'm sure Karlin will post when they are available for purchase .
I'd say the four of them slept the whole way home being models is exhausting especially when you have to kiss the photographer between every photograph . ( kisses Leo )
Karlin hope you had an uneventful journey home .
Happy Halloween everybody .
Mimi

We just got in! And yes in contrast to the restless trip down they were EXHAUSTED and silent on the trip back!! :lol: We all had lots of fun even if Leo hated wearing his elf costume (well mainly the little tiny hat!). :rotfl:

Thanks so much for looking after us all and giving the time for that wonderful photo shoot. Leo was especially taken with you too! He is pretty selective about his girlfriends. :)

I highly recommend taking a trip to Mimi in Kilkenny for a fabulous professional photoshoot with all sorts of fun props. Lily was disappointed she didn't get to try on the fairy wings I think but Leo sure fell in love with the miniature leather couch.

Hi Karlin ,
We'll just have to shoot again to fulfill Lily's dream of being the Christmas fairy . I sorted the wings out and then forgot about them . There is always next year .
Night night doggies .
Mimi

Elf costumes, fairy wings, mini leather couches, I can't wait to see these Christmas cards :D

I highly recommend taking a trip to Mimi in Kilkenny for a fabulous professional photoshoot with all sorts of fun props. Lily was disappointed she didn't get to try on the fairy wings I think but Leo sure fell in love with the miniature leather couch.

I'd love to get a portrait done of my two - how much roughly does Mimi charge?

Can't wait to get the Christmas cards,it's a foregone conclusion that they'll be fabulous(y)
Sins

She generously has been donating the photo session for a €20 donation that she gives to Irish Cavalier Rescue. Then, once you have a range of images to pick from, there's a portfolio cost for whatever of the photos people wish to have actually printed.

You can read about her offer and portfolio options here:

http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=25604

Her work is really stunning. I saw her Dog Days photo book and she really captures each dog's personality!

This along with the calendar sales from last year have been my two major sources of funding ICR -- thanks to the time and generosity of people on this board!! :) -- and I am so happy to currently be in the black with a fund I can draw upon for the more costly dogs or dogs in urgent situations (eg bad puppy farm cases that might be purchased). Typical situations where I need more than I can recover in a homing fee are dogs like Sam last spring, who had been terribly neglected and had testicular cancer from an undescended testicle, needed surgery then a biopsy to confirm the diagnosis; and Lily, a current foster that came in with the dog that recently sadly died, who was spayed and at the same time needed several tooth extractions which again, are beyond what I can ask an adopting family to pay. And I will need to cover the medical costs of the poor dog that passed away.

Sam is now much loved in a new home after a long recuperation with Thelly and Lily is healing and getting ready for a new home.

Back