• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ollie has a new hobby...

chloe92us

He pokes his nose into the dirt and smells for moles! When he finds one, he takes it out and tries to kill it. I am so sickened by this...my sweet little dog has become a hunter. The poor moles make this horrible squeaky sound and then I have to rescue them and put them over the fence, and then he stands at the fence barking because he wants to torture it some more. Luckily he's only killed one so far.

On another note, I have met 3 other Cavaliers this week. THat's more than I've seen in the past year! (Cavaliers are not very common in Florida).

Yuk! But I think they are hunters. When Mindy was much younger she asked to go outside in the middle of the night one winter night. This in itself was odd because she doesn't care for the cold. Anyway I let her out and she didn't come back in immediately so I opened the door and called her. She didn't come. I didn't remember a time when she hadn't come immediately when I called her so I put on my winter boots and coat and went out in the yard. She was EATING a dead rabbit. I have NO idea how the rabbit died because hunter or not she's a little dog and I can't imagine her actually being able to catch and kill a rabbit. Anyway I called her off and she came. She did NOT get to come back in my bed that night and I made hubbie go and collect and dispose of the rabbit carcass the next morning. She vomited and had diarrhea all over our family room carpet the next day (yeah I should have known better).

Two springs ago (when she was 8) I found about five baby bunnies in a nest under a bush in the middle of our back yard. Apparently both Mindy and Zeus (our Golden Retriever) decided that they were old enough to live in harmony with all of nature because they had free run of the back yard and never once went near the rabbit nest. Why a mother rabbit decided a yard with a spaniel and a retriever was a good fit (when neither of our neighbours have pets) is beyond me.

Oh fun. My malamute mix digs up all of our moles (I keep swearing the elm tree inthe back yard is going to fall over b/c she had dug clear up under the main roots/trunk! She kills them and brings them to the porch as a gift for me (though she doesn't even break the skin in making her kill!). I felt bad last week. She had killed a whole family. There were 2 tiny ones and an adult on my steps, and she was guarding them from the other dogs.

Last summer my three found a rabbit nest hidden in our flowers. Colin said they sniffed and licked the baby bunnies before he made the nest off limits to them.

Chocolate killed a mouse in her mouth - she shook it like a terrier, probably breaking its neck. I'm just glad I took it away from her before there were any blood and guts!

Back