Thread: New, from Ohio USA... no Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

Default New, from Ohio USA... no Cavaliers

Hi there!

My name is Kristy, and I live in Northeast Ohio, USA. I do not have any Cavaliers. I have one Newfoundland dog, Burgess, who is the love of my life. He is 8 months old.

When my husband and I decided to get a dog, he let me get my favorite breed (a Newf) with the agreement that we would also look into getting his favorite breed (a Cavalier) when the Newf is ~2 years old. So, that is why I'm here! I'm starting the process of gathering information on the CKCS to see if it is a good fit for us, to learn about the health issues, and to find a good breeder.

I look forward to "meeting" all of you and learning more about the Cavalier!

Kristy

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome. You are lucky, there are quite a few great breeders near you in Ohio. We can't give names on the public post, but people can Private Message you the details.

Please read up on the health issues and how to find a reputable breeder. It will save you a lot of heartache and money in the long run.
    Charleen and Cav's: Pippin (ruby male), Merry (b&t female), Luke (blenheim male) & Jolly (tri male puppy)

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

As I know a lovely NF dog just around the corner, I suggest you wait until yours doesn't want to play like a puppy! A dog roll or a paw on the head could be a bit much from such a big dog I love Newfoundlands
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Kristy, Burgess looks geogeous. Hope you find all the information and contacts you need here.
    Jan
    Owned by Rufus (B&T) and Piper (Border Terrier) and in loving memory of 12 years of Toby joy (Tri cavalier) - waiting at the rainbow bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

There are several members here from Ohio that I'm sure would be happy to guide you towards a good breeder. And there are several good breeders in your area.

My Jake wishes he was a Newfy!!! A couple of years ago we met up with another Cavalier owner whose mom has a couple of Newfs. Jake looked like a teeny little thing next to this big old dog....and just loved him!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Ollie Roxy Bailey

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome
    Leesa
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Lucie (Blenhiem) 8th Feb 2006
    Sasha(blk n tan) 19th May 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *Pauline* View Post
    As I know a lovely NF dog just around the corner, I suggest you wait until yours doesn't want to play like a puppy! A dog roll or a paw on the head could be a bit much from such a big dog
    Hehe, yes, this is one of the big reasons we were planning on waiting until Burgess was older before we considered a Cavalier. Although, he really is pretty gentle with the smaller dogs at the dog park! He goes up and gently sniffs them, wags his tail once (Newfs tend to be less exuberant than some other dogs, hehe) and then goes off to paw the boxers or labs.

Thank you for the welcome, everyone! I can't wait to learn more about Cavaliers... I'm sure I'll have a million questions.

Kristy