• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Looking for a puppy/rescue dog

First off, I'm so sorry about your loss. If you feel like you're ready to get a new dog or puppy, go for it. But I have to agree that it definitely sounds fishy to say that MRIs are misleading. I spent a lot of time interviewing breeders before even making the decision to get a dog, and I found that the more I talked to, the more I learned. In the beginning they all sounded responsible, and presented themselves as such, but then I'd find a couple that would really educate me on health issues. It was conversations like these that helped me make the decision about which breeder to go with. I relied heavily on this board when I was looking, and reading everyone's posts helped me to ask the right questions. You may get a perfectly healthy puppy from one of the breeders you mentioned, but if you don't, I would hate to think of you stretching your wallet at the outset, and then have to pay tons of $$$ because of ongoing health problems (not to mention the horrible feelings that go with having a dog in pain). Getting a dog or puppy is tremendously exciting, and I think it's even more so when you're confident of its health.

Back