• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anybody feed Orijen ???

Hi, I'm new here. I have just started using Orijen Senior for my 3 dogs (Stella Anges - blenheim cav, Lucy Mae - poodle/brittany/chihuahua mix, and Desi Ray - shih-poo). Right now, we are finishing our Eagle Pack Holistic Select (which we love btw) and going over to the Orijen. We have been eating it for about 3 days. Not long I know, but the 3 dogs will eat it like it's treats! So far, their stools are good and nobody is vomiting or doing anything "weird". Yeah! Stella will be 8 years in Feb., Lucy will be 8 years in July and Desi will be 6 years in May. So, I like the senior formula for them because it has less fat. If they continue to do well on it, I may try the fish formula.:razz:

well, I have been feeding mine Orijen for one week and they had bloody stools. Took them to the vet and vet suspects it is from the food so he suggested to go back to Eagle pack or to a lower protein diet. I sure did and bought B.G before grain by Merrick and after just feeding it to them once, they're poop went from diarrhea to firm and hard easy to pick up poop. It was the food that made them sick! I am never as in never going to try Orijen ever again! I have learned my lesson with that food.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Orijen; it just didn't work for your pups. We fed Burgess (our Newfoundland) several different types of good foods (Canidae, California Natural) and they all gave him diarrhea. We switched him to Orijen 6 Fresh Fish and the diarrhea instantly stopped.

I'm glad you found a food that works for your pups - I had no idea how difficult it could be!

Kristy

I have gordo and bosley on orijen and they love it.
Gordo (the chi) was on a special food when i got him as his breeder fed it to her dogs. I tried many foods and he got sick with most of them

I tried orijen, and within a week i noticed a difference in his coat and his poop.
When i got bosley i slowly put him on orijen and he loves it. Ive also noticed a change in his coat. They both have softer and shinier coats now.
I mix the chicken and the fish types together.

Glad to find this topic.I'm considering to switch on this food from Genesis but have to wait for a month or so,because it isn't available in my country till then.It seems to be top quality dry food.I've been feeding combination G.+ BARF for a year now,but lately coat is little bit dry.Maybe due to regular swim,but that didn't change, so I deeply believe it's the food, that changed.His stool used to be soft after G.but lately they announced some changes in ingredients.Well, the stool is nice after, but coat needs more oil.BARF is the best for hard stool,but my prince won't eat it twice a day.....
I hope Orien will be good.I've heard only good about it,from people feeding with it.As for all the new foods, it is strongly advised to make a slow transition from one food to another one.

Back