• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Need Help Asap

Juniors Daddy

Hi people i got a king charles cavvy male
and my missus has a chihuahua bitch

it looks like shes came on heat but my cavvy isnt neutered im goin to try gt him booked in tomorrow if i can ...but how soon after can he be back at home with the bitch still on heat??? please help

I am not sure but would get the little girl to the vets has well there is sure to be some one on soon who might be able to give advice
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

thanks alot for takin time out for that .... i hope i can get some answers shes soo small that if he did ..hed kill her thats my problem

It would be more beneficial healthwise to have her spayed than him neutered. There are more health risks with an unspayed female so you would be doing the right thing by her.

As said before, because the tubes still contain sperm he could still be fertile for a while, plus even a neutered dog can still get the urge to mate with a bitch, and can do so. Obviously once all the sperm have gone no pregnancy can result, but it could be painful for the bitch if the dog is much bigger than her. If I were you, I'd be safe rather than sorry and keep them in separate rooms until she's finished her season, if you can't do that, can you crate one of them when no one is around to keep an eye on them? things can happen so fast, we used to have a dobermann dog and bitch (brother and sister) and I hadn't even realised she was in season until we looked out into the garden and found them tied! We had to make a quick trip to the vet with her for an injection to make sure there would be no pups.:oops:

Bitch problem

I mirror what Suzi said - even if he has been neutered it takes a while for his sperm to die off and if there are any traces in his tubes there could be some unwanted pups. Also, it takes a good while for the testosterone to leave his system so his urges would still be there when he came home from the vet and he would probably be up on her quite a bit.

I think it is great that you are getting him neutered and I also think that it would be a good idea to get her spayed in the future (provided she is big enough to get it done, some of the "mini" breeds cannot be done because they are too small).

My advice would be to seperate them (major pain in the bum), perhaps let him stay at someone elses house after he has had his opperation but while she is still in heat. It would be the easiest solution that I can think of because trying to keep them seperated in the same house is a nightmare.

Good luck!

Back